Dominique Casimir has joined the board – and the C-suite – of Bertelsmann-owned BMG.
The Berlin-based exec, who first joined BMG in 2008, has been named Chief Content Officer (CCO) of the company.
Casimir moves up from her previous role as EVP Repertoire & Marketing for EU, APAC & LATAM, with responsibility for repertoire (both publishing and recorded music) in all international territories outside the US and the UK.
In that role, she also has global responsibility for Synch and Corporate Responsibility at BMG.
In her new position, Casimir will additionally take on responsibility for UK repertoire; Alistair Norbury, President Repertoire & Marketing UK, will now report to Casimir.
As a result, Casimir will carry direct responsibility for BMG’s repertoire operations across 16 international territories.
That number will rise to 17 in June, with the opening of BMG’s new office in Mexico City.
BMG’s US repertoire teams will continue to report directly to the company’s CEO, Hartwig Masuch, as will Casimir.
According to Bertelsmann’s 2021 annual results, some 47.2% of BMG’s revenues were generated in territories Casimir now looks after (see below), with the remaining 52.8% generated in the US.
The UK – for which, as mentioned, Casimir will take on responsibility as CCO – generated 11.8% of the company’s global revenue last year.
Discussing Casimir’s promotion, Hartwig Masuch said: “Dominique is an exceptional music executive.
“She exemplifies so many of the key attributes of BMG itself, with a rare talent to communicate with artists and songwriters on their own terms and an utter commitment to help them to achieve their objectives.
“To be an artist or songwriter is one of the toughest jobs around. It’s our job to make it easier and whether it’s publishing or records, synch, or neighboring rights, we do so by delivering reliably the best service we can.”
Dominique Casimir, BMG
“In her new role she will provide a strong Berlin-based repertoire voice at the highest level of the company.”
Said Casimir: “To be an artist or songwriter is one of the toughest jobs around. It’s our job to make it easier and whether it’s publishing or records, synch, or neighboring rights, we do so by delivering reliably the best service we can.
“I am excited to continue to contribute to BMG’s mission in whichever way I can, and I look forward to working with Alistair Norbury and our UK team to build on BMG’s success in our largest repertoire operation outside North America.”
After a successful period as SVP International Coordination & Music Supervision, Casimir was promoted to BMG Managing Director GSA at the end of 2016.
She was then promoted to EVP Repertoire & Marketing Continental Europe in early 2019, adding Asia Pacific and Latin America in late 2020 and BMG’s global synch operation in 2021.
Under her leadership, BMG has grown its Continental Europe business by a third, expanded into live music in Germany, and developed BMG’s first stage musical, Ku’damm 56.
Last month (April 2022) it was announced that BMG would this summer launch a new Latin America hub in Mexico, in a move also led by Casimir.Music Business Worldwide