MUSIC BUSINESS WORLDWIDE LTD (“We” or “Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We take our data protection responsibilities seriously. We comply with both the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), in addition to the EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”) and any laws in England giving effect to its provisions.
The data controller of this site is Music Business Worldwide Ltd, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU. Our nominated representative is Timothy Ingham.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.MusicBusinessWorldwide.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information [when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Music Business Worldwide Ltd] and when you report a problem with our site. All of your information is stored on a secure server.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers (ie. total page views and clicks, or a location breakdown of our users). This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We use Google Analytics for this purpose.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
MBW does not host personalized advertising.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email.
Music Business Worldwide does not sell your individual data to third-parties – and we never have.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Music Business Worldwide Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Links to Other External Sites
This web site may contain links to other sites. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of other such sites. Please do not assume that other sites abide by our privacy standards.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our admin costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.