TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire – for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make an impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the team
TikTok Music team’s mission is to build resonance and inspire expression through music, which includes Resso, TikTok Music and SoundOn. Resso or TikTok Music, is a music app for Gen Z that launched 2020 in India, Indonesia and Brazil. Our key features now are: single song recommendations, comments, synced lyrics, lyric video sharing, etc. SoundOn, short for Artists Open Platform (AOP), is ByteDance‘s own music distribution and promotion platform, designed to empower independent artists with tools for the audience and career development. AOP is currently powered by TikTok (music discovery app) and Resso (music streaming app), but we plan to integrate more ByteDance products in the future.
We are looking for enthusiastic software engineers who have a passion for engineering excellence, in particular, optimizing software R&D processes for large-scale internet services.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and evolve highly scalable distributed services.
- Partner with Product Managers and work with multiple business partners to develop solutions.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and take responsibility and commitment of the production environment by on-call duties.
- Establish strong ownership of the product and service, provide expertise and insights to collaborating engineering teams.
- Collaborate with global XFN teams to support new products innovations and business proposals, and continuously explore new initiatives from the engineering perspective.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related areas.
- 4+ years of experience in one or more programming languages such as Go, Java, C++, Python etc.
- Experience designing, evaluating, and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of a distributed system.
- Demonstrated experience driving change within an organization and leading complex technical projects.
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques.
- Experience building DSP or Music products is an add-on.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.