Canadian collection society SOCAN has announced the results of its 2015 Board of Directors election, based on votes cast by its songwriter and publisher members.
The Board of Directors consists of 18 people – nine writer members and nine publisher members, with regional, cultural and genre specific representation – elected for a three-year term.
The following people were elected and take office at the SOCAN Annual General Meeting on June 16, 2015, in Toronto:
SOCAN Music Writer Members:
- Jean-Robert Bisaillon
- Victor Davies
- Ed Henderson
- Safwan Javed
- Stan Meissner
- Ben Mink
- Glenn Morley
- Marc Ouellette
- Gilles Valiquette
SOCAN Music Publisher Members:
- Rosaire Archambault (Éditorial Avenue)
- Vivian Barclay (Warner Chappell Music Canada Ltd.)
- Patrick Curley (Third Side Music Inc.)
- Gary Furniss (Sony / ATV Music Publishing Canada)
- Craig Horton (Nettwerk Music Publishing)
- Jennifer Mitchell (Casablanca Media Publishing Inc.)
- Robert Ott (Ole – pictured with Ole investor Ron Mock of OTPP)
- Earl Rosen (De Sade Songs)
- Denis Wolff (Ho Tune Musique)
“Congratulations to each of our newly-elected SOCAN Board of Directors,” said Eric Baptiste, CEO of SOCAN. “The SOCAN management team looks forward to working to advance SOCAN’s core mandate to raise the bar for music rights, to further our business strategies.
“These outstanding music creators and industry leaders care deeply about performing rights, and they add value and knowledge as SOCAN tackles issues and forges ahead in the rapidly changing ecosystem of our dynamic music industry.
“I would also like to thank the departing board members Jim Vallance and Neville Quinlan for their service and dedication to SOCAN and the Canadian music industry overall.”
Following SOCAN’s annual general meeting, the new board of directors will hold its first meeting, when it will elect the President and other officers who will serve until the next election in 2018.Music Business Worldwide