Concerts giant Live Nation Entertainment has elected Rich Paul, one of the top sports agents in the US, to its Board of Directors.
Paul is the Founder and CEO of sports agency KLUTCH Sports Group, as well as Head of Sports at United Talent Agency (UTA) where he also serves on the board.
KLUTCH Sports Group represents some of the biggest athletes in the NBA including LeBron James and Anthony Davis.
Paul founded KLUTCH Sports in 2012 in Cleveland, Ohio.
KLUTCH Sports partnered with UTA in 2019, where Paul serves as the agency’s Head of Sports and is an agency partner, and was appointed to UTA’s Board of Directors in 2020.
In 2019, Paul was named GQ’s “PowerBroker of the Year” and “The King Maker” on the cover of Sports Illustrated. In 2021, TIME recognized KLUTCH Sports on its first-ever list of TIME100 Most Influential Companies, and Variety recently named Paul to its “Variety500” list of the most influential business leaders shaping the global media industry.
Paul is also credited with driving the reversal of the so-called “Rich Paul Rule,” which would have banned agents without a college degree from representing NCAA student athletes.
Rich Paul joins a Live Nation board that includes:
- Greg Maffei, President and Chief Executive Officer of Liberty Media Corporation.
- Maverick Carter, CEO of The SpringHill Company.
- Ping Fu, who co-founded Geomagic, which was acquired by 3D Systems in February 2013.
- Jeffrey T. Hinson, President of YouPlus Media.
- Chad Hollingsworth, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development at Liberty Media Corporation
- Jimmy Iovine, who co-founded Beats Electronics and Beats Music, which were both acquired by Apple in 2014. Iovine is also the founder and former Chairman of Univrersal Music Group’s Interscope Geffen A&M Records unit.
- James S. Kahan, a former executive of AT&T, where he spent nearly 38 years.
- Randall Mays, Co-Managing Partner of Mays Family Enterprises and CEO of Running M Capital.
- Michael Rapino, Live Nation President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Dana Walden, Chairman, Walt Disney Television.
- Latriece Watkins, Executive Vice President of the Consumables division for Walmart US.
“Rich brings a valuable perspective from sports, business, entertainment and more.”
Greg Maffei, Live Nation
“Rich brings a valuable perspective from sports, business, entertainment and more,” said Greg Maffei, chairman of the Live Nation Board of Directors.
“We’re fortunate to welcome him as a new addition to our board.”
“Rich understands what it takes to help talent develop a long and successful career.”
Michael Rapino, Live Nation Entertainment
Michael Rapino, President and CEO, Live Nation Entertainment, said: “Rich understands what it takes to help talent develop a long and successful career.
“His input will be a great addition as we continue driving more value for artists and their fans through live shows.”
“Live Nation’s artist-centric approach to business makes this a really natural fit for me.”
Paul added: “Live Nation’s artist-centric approach to business makes this a really natural fit for me.
“Going to an event live is one of the most powerful ways to experience sports and music, and I look forward to contributing to the company and the industry in this new way.”Music Business Worldwide