SoundExchange’s ambition to become a global powerhouse in multiple music rights is gathering pace.
The company’s SXWorks, which services music publishers, has today named some well-known figures to its Board of Directors.
SoundExchange formed SXWorks when it purchased the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency Ltd. (CMRRA) – effectively a mechanical rights collection agency – in May 2017.
SXWorks offers administration and back office services for publishers to support multiple licensing configurations.
It claims to ‘provide a robust platform capable of managing vast volumes of musical repertoire and rights data’, and says that its publisher services will ‘improve efficiency and transparency in the industry and ensure the music ecosystem can accurately track, report and compensate rights owners and creators for music usage’.
“Our publisher members on the SXWorks Board are some of the most progressive and effective global leaders in the business today.”
Michael Huppe, SXWorks/SoundExchange (pictured)
Michael Huppe, President and CEO of SoundExchange and Chairman of the Board of SXWorks (pictured), said: “Our publisher members on the SXWorks Board are some of the most progressive and effective global leaders in the business today.
“They bring a wealth of insight and experience to the venture. We look forward to working with them closely to guide the development of SXWorks.”
Publishers joining the board include:
- Peter Brodsky, Executive Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, Sony/ATV Music Publishing
- David Kokakis, Executive Vice President/Head of Business and Legal Affairs, Business Development and Digital, Universal Music Publishing Group
- Clark Miller, Executive Vice President, North America Operations, Warner/Chappell Music
- Neville Quinlan, Managing Director, peermusic Canada
- David Renzer, Chairman/CEO, Spirit Music Group
In addition to Huppe, the SXWorks Board also includes the following SoundExchange executives:
- Jonathan Bender, Chief Operating Officer, SoundExchange
- Richard Conlon, Chief External Affairs Officer, SoundExchange
- Mark Eisenberg, Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, SoundExchange
- Colin Rushing, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, SoundExchange
- Anjula Singh, Chief Financial Officer, SoundExchange
Music Business Worldwide