Louis Bell has made history by becoming the first songwriter to achieve eight RIAA Diamond-certified singles, six of which he created in collaboration with Post Malone.
Each of these tracks has sold over 10 million copies in the US alone, marking a milestone for the 18-time Grammy Award-nominated songwriter and producer.
This achievement came on the heels of Bell’s recent success with Sunflower, which broke the record for the most RIAA Platinum-certified song ever. The track reached 17x Platinum in November 2022.
Bell’s eight Diamond-certifed singles are:
- Sunflower by Post Malone and Swae Lee – 17x Platinum and the most RIAA certified single of all time – Songwriter and Producer
- Congratualtions by Post Malone – 14x Platinum – Songwriter
- Better Now”by Post Malone – 10x Platinum – Songwriter and Producer
- Circles by Post Malone – 10x Platinum – Songwriter and Producer
- Psycho by Post Malone ft. Ty Dolla $ign – 10x Platinum – Songwriter and Producer
- rockstar by Post Malone ft. 21 Savage – 10x Platinum – Songwriter and Producer
- Without Me by Halsey – 10x Platinum – Songwriter and Producer
- Havana by Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug- 10x Platinum – Songwriter
Bell’s work on the eight Diamond-certified singles also extend to his role as a producer on six of the tracks, including Sunflower, Better Now, Circles, Psycho, rockstar, and Without Me.
Post Malone, who shares six of the Diamond-certified singles with Bell, also set a new record by recently becoming the first artist to have eight Diamond-certified singles.
Malone is co-managed by Electric Feel Entertainment’s CEO, Austin Rosen who also manages Bell. The songwriter in April 2022 signed a joint publishing venture with Electric Feel Entertainment.
In the last 18 months, Bell has continued to write and produce hits including Post Malone’s I Like You (A Happier Song) ft. Doja Cat, Ed Sheeran’s 2step ft. Lil Baby, Juice WRLD’s Wandered To LA ft. Justin Bieber, The Kid LAROI’s Thousand Miles, Elton John’s Always Love You ft. Nicki Minaj and Young Thug, and more.
In 2019, MBW, citing industry data, declared Bell as the biggest hit songwriter in the US in the first half of that year for co-writing no less than four of the Top 10 biggest hits of the same period.
Those hits include Sunflower and Post Malone’s Wow. Bell also contributed to Halsey’s smash Without Me and The Jonas Brothers’ earworm, Sucker.
In early 2021, Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) signed Bell to an exclusive, global publishing deal and acquired his catalog that includes Post Malone’s hits and other tracks like Camila Cabello’s Havana, Miley Cyrus’ Angels Like You, Plastic Hearts, WTF Do I Know, Gimme What I Want, Hate Me and Midnight Sky, all off her seventh studio album Plastic Hearts’ along with Halsey’s Graveyard, Taylor Swift’s I Forgot That You Existed, Afterglow and It’s Nice to Have a Friend, and 5SOS’s Old Me.
Music Business Worldwide