US independent Round Hill Music has partially acquired the catalogue of Dallas Davidson, and inked a go-forward agreement with his publishing entity Play It Again Publishing.
The bundle of rights purchased by Round Hill consists of more than 23 No. 1 Billboard Airplay songs including:
- “That’s My Kind of Night,” “Play It Again,” “I Don’t Want This Night to End,” “Rain is a Good Thing,” “Country Girl (Shake It For Me),” “Kick the Dust Up” and “Huntin’, Fishin’, and Lovin’ Every Day” by Luke Bryan
- “Just a Kiss” and “We Owned the Night” by Lady Antebellum
- “Boys Round Here” and “All About Tonight” by Blake Shelton
- “Put a Girl In It” by Brooks & Dunn
- “The One That Got Away” by Jake Owen
- “If Heaven Wasn’t So Far Away” by Justin Moore
- “All Over Me” by Josh Turner
- “Start a Band” by Brad Paisley
- “I Don’t Dance” by Lee Brice
- “Tonight Looks Good on You” by Jason Aldean
- “Runnin’ Out of Moonlight” by Randy Houser
- “Gimme That Girl” by Joe Nichols
- “That’s How Country Boys Roll” by Billy Currington
Davidson (pictured) will now join the Round Hill team as a songwriter, and his affiliate company will be administered by Round Hill.
Davidson is the 2013 and 2012 ACM Songwriter of the Year; a 2012 ACM nominee for Song of the Year (for Lady Antebellum’s “Just a Kiss”); the 2011 and 2012 BMI Country Awards’ Songwriter of the Year; 2012 NSAI Songwriter of the Year; Billboard’s Hot Country Music Songwriter of 2010; and is currently the chairman of the Georgia Music Foundation.
He is also a recipient of five CMA Triple Play Awards, one in 2010, two in 2011, one in 2013 and one in 2014. The honor recognizes the rare feat of achieving three No. 1s in a year’s time.
Davidson’s company Play It Again Publishing houses many of Nashville’s hit songwriters, writing for artists such as Florida Georgia Line, Chase Rice, Dustin Lynch, Colt Ford and Tyler Farr, among many others.
Dickinson Wright attorneys Derek Crownover, Cam Caldwell and Dustin Kovacic represented Davidson in the transaction.
“Today I’m extremely excited to announce my new partnership with Round Hill Music.”
Michael Selverne, Jen Scher, Richard Rowe, Josh Gruss and Neil Gillis of New York were on the Round Hill closing team.
Davidson is a long-time client of Partner and Entertainment, Sports, and Media Practice Group Leader, Derek Crownover.
“Today I’m extremely excited to announce my new partnership with Round Hill Music. Mark Brown and the RHM team are a perfect fit for myself and Play It Again Publishing,” Dallas Davidson said.
“I’d especially like to thank Derek Crownover for his tireless effort, his creative wisdom and gentlemanly representation on my behalf during this process. I’d also like to thank my co-writers and the recording artists who continue to put faith and trust in my pen.”
“Dallas Davidson’s ‘batting average’ of hits versus cuts is amazing. His ability to write out of his initial genre of country music is also unparalleled. This deal and the future partnership with Round Hill will be mutually beneficial,” said Crownover.Music Business Worldwide