Live events promoter Music + Sport has stepped up to sponsor The A&R Awards in association with Abbey Road Studios.
The UK-focused ceremony returns to London on the evening of Wednesday, November 1, once again at the Sheraton Grand Park Lane.
Music + Sport will support the ‘A&R Of The Year: Pop/R&B’ prize on the night – which promises to be hotly contested.
The finalists for the award are:
- Anya Jones & Guy Langley – Syco
- Ben Cook & Ed Howard – Atlantic
- Briony Turner – Atlantic
- Jamie Spinks – Polydor
- Julian Palmer – Columbia
- Joe Kentish – Warner Bros
- Louis Bloom – Island
Anthony Norris, Event Director at Music + Sport, said: “We are delighted to once again partner with the A&R Awards for this years ceremony.
“After the undoubted success of last year’s event we are looking forward to November 1st and helping deliver another memorable evening, recognising some of the brightest talent in the industry”
MBW will have news of some other top notch sponsors very soon.
If you’re interested in supporting the event, please contact Diane@daytime-ent.com
The A&R Awards 2017 will recognise the cream of the UK’s A&R community across labels, publishers and management companies.
The night promises three extra special moments:
- The Sir George Martin Award. Named in honour of the legendary Beatles producer, this award recognises an individual with a proven track record of truly artist-friendly A&R – combined with commercial success – who continues to sign contemporary hitmakers;
- The Artist Loyalty Award, which celebrates a longstanding relationship between an industry exec and a standout artist who have stood by each other through thick and thin over the years;
- The A&R Icon award, presented to an individual whose actions have truly changed the game for the creative side of the UK music business, and whose influence continues to reverberate today.
Individual ‘A&R Of The Year’ awards will be handed out on the night in separate genre categories including Adult Contemporary, Electronic/Dance, Hip-hop/Grime, Pop/R&B and Rock/Alternative.
Elsewhere, there will be Songwriter and Producer of the Year gongs presented – voted for by a panel of the very best A&R figures in the global industry – in addition to A&R Administrator and Breaking Artist awards.
Team awards will include two Publisher Of The Year categories, in addition to Major Label Of The Year, Independent Label Of The Year and Management Company (The David Enthoven Award).Music Business Worldwide