Music Business Worldwide will play host to a keynote panel at the AGM of the UK’s Association of Independent Music (AIM) on Tuesday, September 22 in London.
AIM represents more than 800 independent music rights-holders. Its AGM will feature a panel entitled “Tectonic Plates -Independent Music The Future.”
The discussion will explore the growing power and influence of independent music companies – especially in the wake of Apple’s decision to reverse their position on paying royalties for Apple Music’s three month free trial period.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Diane Wagg – Owner/Founder – Deluxxe Management
- Paul Hitchman – President, International – Kobalt Label Services
- Paul Pacifico – CEO – The FAC
- Tor Hansen – Co-Owner – Redeye/Yep Rock Records
In addition, a keynote interview will take place at the AGM.
Respected music journalist Dorian Lynskey, who writes regularly for The Guardian, The Observer, Q, Mojo and GQ among others will host a keynote interview with Matt Black & Jon More, the co-founders of iconic indie label group Ninja Tune.
Ninja Tune and its family of labels have worked with artists ranging from Amon Tobin, Thundercats, Kelis, Diplo, Kate Tempest Run the Jewels and Coldcut, the successful duo founded by Black and More themselves.
It has been previously announced that Black and More will receive the Innovator Award at this year’s AIM Independent Music Awards, which take place in London on September 8th.
The AIM board will also be shuffled at the AGM.
There are currently 18 AIM board members and in accordance with the rotation provisions set out in Article 30 of the AIM Memorandum of Association one-fifth (four directors) of the Members of the board shall be required to retire from office at this AGM. They are:
- Chris Goss – Hospital Records
- Doug D’Arcy – Faith & Hope Records
- John Dyer – Domino Recording Co
- Sharon Dean – Respect Music
AIM will thank these retiring board members for their tenure.
The AIM members will elect four new board representatives from this year’s candidates at the AGM:
- Adam Velasco – Cherry Red Records
- Andy McAllister – Four Three Six
- Ben Rimmer – Believe Digital
- Harry Martin – Domino Recording Co
- Jonathan Green (MD) – earMUSIC
- Vincent Clery-Melin – Kobalt Label Services
Music Business Worldwide