- Experience interfacing directly with artists, managers, labels, and/or digital platforms.
- Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently and idiomatically.
- Music industry experience. Understanding of how the industry operates, key players, and where YouTube sits in this ecosystem.
- Understanding of YouTube’s current efforts in music and its trajectory within the industry.
- Ability to drive new partnerships, promote new business opportunities to existing partners, and ensure prompt and proper resolution of business issues.
- Ability to cultivate expertise in analytics, basic modeling and formal corporate presentations. Comfortable analyzing data, coordinating internal events, speaking to partners, or negotiating agreements.
- Ability to think strategically and to develop a vision and a strategy.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (presentation writing and delivery).
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic and proactive, YouTube’s Creator & Artist Development team works to enable, empower and inspire YouTube Creators, Artists and Media companies around the world, support their success and promote responsible growth on the platform.
The Artist Development team works with emerging and established artists to help them grow their audience, leverage new tools and features, and build their presence on the platform by delivering innovative and targeted best practices and strategic guidance.
As an Artist Strategic Partner Manager you’ll be responsible for a portfolio of emerging and established artists. Your role will be both external (partner-facing) and internal with many cross-functional initiatives, where you will balance business development and operations at scale.
In this role, you will work to identify and engage with a dynamic set of artists, promoting strategic initiatives to drive partner satisfaction and results, and optimizing partner performance on platform. You possess a keen ability and demonstrated history of cultivating relationships in the music industry, in tandem with a strong understanding of trends in the market and driving results on digital platforms. You should also be apt to resolve contractual, technical and financial issues with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Provide strategic and operational support for Artists on the YouTube platform
- Develop and manage a portfolio of emerging and established artists, driving strategic initiatives, platform optimization and best practices, and bolstering engagement and product activation.
- Identify key metrics to evaluate data both quantitatively and qualitatively. Streamline operational workflow by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks.
- Establish a good working relationship with our cross-functional Music teams in Partnerships, Global Scaled Services, Sales, Product Solutions, Marketing, PR and Product, serving as a consultant as needed.
- Work with management to define and launch strategic business initiatives.