Google‘s line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Strategic Partner Managers have the unique opportunity to create a long-lasting relationship with our top partners.
You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google’s ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see win-win opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
As Manager for Content Partnerships, you will build and maintain strategic relationships with our music publishing partners, including negotiating licensing and partnership agreements, managing existing publisher partnerships, launching new relationships, driving new business opportunities, resolving business issues, and analyzing and tracking key metrics to identify trends. You are as comfortable negotiating complex licensing agreements as working cross-functionally with colleagues across multiple disciplines to ensure our music partners are positioned for success and our users enjoy the best experience possible.
You require strong relationship-building skills, proven experience in negotiating and closing strategic partnerships and renewals, the ability to clarify and summarize complex issues and strong attention to detail. You also possess superior analytical skills regarding contractual, technical and financial issues and the ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- Manage day-to-day operations and partner relationships, fielding and prioritizing incoming requests, troubleshooting partner systems around reporting, music rights management, content ID and creating periodic reports (external and internal) on partner performance.
- Manage strategic partnerships and renewals.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of relevant experience in music publishing and/or licensing music.
- Experience negotiating and closing strategic partnerships and renewals.
- JD and/or MBA.
- Experience negotiating complex music agreements, with a preference for music publishing experience, and a proven track record of initiating and successfully driving new business opportunities in digital music and/or media
- Experience with spreadsheet analysis, data management and YouTube’s Content Management System
- Ability to think strategically and convert complex issues into straightforward, timely action
- Understanding of key publishing issues, trends in rights management, sync rights, performance licenses (and withdrawals), collection societies and publisher or label relationships.
- A fluency with, or willingness to learn, technological concepts, financial models and product features
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.