As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance.
You’re part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently.
You are collaborative — ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company.
As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
You’re an experienced lawyer who will focus on cutting edge music licensing, policy development, content-creation and distribution, and related transactions for Google products, particularly YouTube and Google Play.
You will be managing, drafting, and analyzing a wide variety of music and video content licensing and distribution agreements for YouTube and Google’s growing digital media business, as well as analyzing and advising on legal issues relating to the use of music across the entire spectrum of Google products around the world for agreements and for policy development.
You may also provide commercial and product-related legal support for YouTube more generally.
You’re a diligent and proactive person who can bring excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age.
Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents.
Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers.
We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Draft and review music and video content licensing agreements with content creators, distributors, record labels, music publishers and publishing collecting societies across all Google products, including YouTube and Google Play, primarily for YouTube and related products.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from business development, sales, licensing, product, marketing and other business clients.
- Advise product team clients, as well as finance and other company departments on legal issues and risks, regulatory matters, complex agreement structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, intellectual property and agreement strategy.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- JD Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Must be admitted to the bar in which position is located and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the state in which the position is located.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with commercial agreements, digital music licensing agreements, agreements and support of multi-territorial licensing entities.
- Good work ethic, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking.
- Ability and willingness to travel.