YouTube is hiring for a Manager, Music Label Partnerships to be responsible for providing ongoing relationship management to YouTube and Google Play’s key US label partners, based in Nashville.
Google’s line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Strategic Partner Managers have the rare opportunity to build a long-lasting relationship with our top partners.
You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google’s ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
As Manager, you will be responsible for providing ongoing relationship management to YouTube and Google Play’s key US label partners, with a focus on supporting labels and artists with promotional opportunities to help build their success.
In this role, you will interact regularly with counterparts at labels and also collaborate closely with internal teams. You will have exceptional partner management skills, a service mindset, and extensive relationships in the music industry.
- Develop and maintain strong personal relationships with label contacts to receive information about new music releases.
- Oversee, filter and prioritize music releases, centralizing and communicating information to internal stakeholders whose programs and products are promoting artists.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams on promotional opportunities.
- Facilitate label interaction with other internal teams (e.g., Marketing, Artist Relations, Editorial).
- Partner with internal label business owners to ensure strategic approach to holistic relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in the music industry.
- Experience in a partner-facing, A&R, or radio promotion role at a label, artist management and/or digital music company.
- Strong organizational, leadership and analytical skills
- Vast knowledge of music industry trends across all genres
- Deep network of personal relationships with labels and/or artists in Nashville.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships externally and internally.