YouTube is recruiting for a Manager, Content Partnerships to be a music-focused member of the LatAm Content Partnerships team, based in Miami.
The role will be responsible for a portfolio of established YouTube musicians alongside more established music acts under major labels, indie labels or management companies.
You will also be the point of contact for other players in the music industry landscape. Your role will be both external and internal with many cross-functional initiatives.
In this role you’ll balance business and strategic development for channels, labels and artists. Label/Artist Managers have the unique opportunity to identify and develop YouTube’s next set of top music talent.
You renew existing partnerships, optimize artist channels and identify potential opportunities. You cultivate artist, manager and labels, relationships to make sure they can take full advantage of Youtube and Google’s ever-growing suite of offerings.
You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to resolve contractual, technical and financial issues with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
At the same time, you will also keep your Google and YouTube teammates up to speed on the complex and evolving music business landscape to ensure that our products and practices continue to lead and support the market.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture.
The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Provide strategic support for music partners and their artists on the YouTube platform through ongoing partner management: business performance review, consultation, education and coaching; raising overall satisfaction
- Initiate and negotiate strategic partnerships
- Identify key metrics to evaluate data both quantitatively and qualitatively. Streamline operational workflow by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks.
- Serve as a consultant to internal cross-functionally stakeholders on the YouTube product.
- Establish a good working relationship with our cross-functional teams in Label and Content Partnerships, Global Scaled Services, Sales, Product Solutions, Marketing, PR and Product, serving as a consultant as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in a partner or digital business development role at a music label and/or digital music company and/or management company.
- 7 years of experience in business development and experience in developing media or Internet agreements.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
- Passion for finding, developing and managing YouTube partners and Artists.
- Ability to drive new partnerships, promote new business opportunities to new and existing partners, and ensure prompt and proper resolution of business issues raised by partners.
- Understanding of the music industry key trends and challenges as well as music rights management and experience working with or in the music industry.
- Ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally and externally while multi-tasking and managing competing priorities. Ability to work under time constraints.
- Demonstrated understanding of technological concepts, financial models and music copyright. Familiarly with the advertising business, along with a demonstrated interest in music, pop culture and digital media.
- Excellent relationships with senior level executives in the music management industry in the region, especially in Miami.