Google‘s line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google’s partners. Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google’s newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
As Head of Music Partnerships in YouTube Japan, you will build and maintain strategic relationships with our music partners at senior levels, including negotiating licensing and partnership agreements, managing existing partnerships, launching new relationships, driving new business opportunities, resolving business issues, and analyzing and tracking key metrics to identify trends.
You are as comfortable negotiating complex licensing agreements as working cross-functionally with colleagues across multiple disciplines to ensure our music partners are positioned for success, and our users enjoy the best experience possible. You will manage day-to-day operations and relationships, fielding and prioritizing incoming requests, troubleshooting partner systems around reporting, music rights management, Content ID and creating periodic reports (external and internal) on partner performance.
In just eight years, YouTube has grown into a video community that 1 billion people across the globe use to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube and Video team helps budding filmmakers and musicians build careers, creates products like YouTube Live and runs collaborative projects like Life in a Day and the YouTube Space Lab. We are changing how people entertain, inform, share and change the world, one video at a time.
- Initiate, structure, and negotiate high-impact strategic content partnerships.
- Manage and optimize existing partnerships to maximize business growth and user experience.
- Prioritize agreements and business line development through analysis and deep understanding of Google’s product roadmap.
- Define content acquisition vertical strategies, decide where to focus efforts, and choose mix of acquisition channels/methods.
- Initiate and maintain relations with content owners and/or creators, develop and/or lead scalable content acquisition programs, and help build content metrics and business infrastructure tools.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of relevant business experience in music and/or licensing music rights for digital music, broadcast, or internet businesses.
- Experience negotiating and managing strategic partnerships for music copyrights.
- Business level communication in Japanese and English.
- MBA and/or JD.
- Experience negotiating complex music agreements and a proven track record of initiating and successfully driving new business opportunities in digital music and/or media.
- Public speaking and presentation experience and demonstrated ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally and externally.
- Understanding of key publishing issues, the business of music publishing and trends in rights management, including sync rights, performance licenses (and withdrawals), collection societies and publisher/label relationships.
- Ability to think strategically and convert complex issues into straightforward, timely action and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment.
- A fluency with, or willingness to learn, technological concepts, financial models and product features.