Google’s line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google’s partners.
Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google’s newest product offerings.
Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
As the Head of Music Publishing Partnerships Music-focused group of the APAC Content Partnerships team, you’ll be responsible for a portfolio of established and new YouTube publishers, collection society as well as songwriters/composers.
You will be responsible for the management of new licensing agreements, the renewal of existing ones as well as the management of theses partnerships on a day-to-day basis.
You will cultivate your partner relationships to ensure they can take full advantage of Youtube and Google’s ever-growing suite of offerings, optimize their channel on YouTube and identify growth opportunities.
At the same time, you will also keep your Google and YouTube teammates up to speed on the complex and evolving music publishing business landscape in the region to ensure that our products and practices continue to lead and support the market.
- Manage and execute partnerships with content partners primarily for compositions rights.
- Manage day-to-day management of strategic composition rights partners in APAC, such as local branches of music publishers and the various collecting societies.
- Prioritize agreement and business line development through analysis and understanding of YouTube’s product roadmap.
- Define content acquisition vertical strategies, decide where to focus efforts, and choose mix of acquisition channels/methods.
- Initiate and maintain relations with content owners and/or creators, develop and/or lead scalable content acquisition programs, and help build content metrics and business infrastructure tools.
- BA/BS degree in Law or Business Administration, or equivalent practical experience.
- 13 years of relevant business experience in music and/or licensing music rights for digital music, broadcast, or internet businesses.
- Experience leading complex negotiations and managing strategic partnerships in digital music and/or media.
- Experience in rights management; including sync rights, performance licenses (and withdrawals), collection societies and publisher/label relationships.
- Experience working with data management and YouTube’s Content Management System.
- Experience negotiating complex music agreements.
- Ability to think strategically and convert complex issues into straightforward, timely action and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment.
- Established relationships with senior level executives in publishing music industry in the region.
- Fluency with, or willingness to learn, technological concepts, financial models and product features.