Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA
Google‘s line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google’s partners. Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google’s newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
You will have the rare opportunity to build a long-lasting relationship with our top partners. You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google’s ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
Catalog music is a critical part of YouTube and YouTube Music. As Head of Catalog, you will be responsible for developing catalog focused strategies with key partners. You will be responsible for providing ongoing relationship management to YouTube’s key US catalog label partners and legacy artists and their teams, with a focus on supporting labels and artists with promotional opportunities to help build their success and helping them get full value out of YouTube’s tools.
In this role you will interact regularly with labels, artists and their teams and also collaborate closely with internal teams. You have exceptional partner management skills, a service mindset, and extensive relationships in the music industry.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Develop YouTube strategies for catalog content working with catalog labels and legacy artists, helping them fully utilize the YouTube tool set to build and engage their fans.
- Maintain strong personal relationships with labels, key legacy artists and their management teams to understand their priorities and marketing plans.
- Oversee, filter and prioritize catalog projects centralizing and communicating information to internal stakeholders whose programs and products are promoting artists.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to execute artist/label marketing partnerships, execute promotional opportunities and provide best practices and channel optimization guidance to partners.
- Develop collaboration between catalog labels/artists and internal teams at YouTube (e.g. Marketing, Programming, Product).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in the music industry
- Experience in a partner-facing, A&R, or radio promotion role at a label, artist management and/or digital music company in catalog music
- Deep network of personal relationships with labels and/or artists
- Vast knowledge of music industry trends across all genres
- Strong organizational, leadership and analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships externally and internally
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills