YouTube’s growing user base provides unique challenges and new responsibilities everyday. Fast-paced, dynamic and proactive, the Content and User Operations team serves YouTube’s advertisers, publishers and users around the world. Like a diligent detective, your responsibilities are to uncover and understand common issues facing these groups, and then work with the right teams to tackle the problem. Whether surfacing issues to our technical teams or recommending improvements to the team’s processes and tools, you enhance the user experience on YouTube while helping increase our loyal user base over time.
The Director of YouTube and Google Play Music in APAC is strategic, forward-thinking, hands-on position. You will lead the music partnerships team across the YouTube Music and Google Play Music platforms. This role is a mix of growing external relationships and joint partnerships with the industry; setting and aligning the regional vision and strategy; and effective collaborating and leading internally to drive the strategy forward.
As a leader at YouTube, you will act as a key player and spokesperson for YouTube within the music landscape, growing our partnerships and shared visions as the industry evolves over the next few years. You will help to define the content strategy behind the ever-changing music landscape. You will lead a regional team of partner managers and music development managers across the major labels, partnerships, publishing and artists teams and be responsible for accelerating the growth and success of the music vertical in the region.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Drive the future of the music org and industry through 10x thinking and motivating self and others to innovate
- Use your established network and new relationships to grow YouTube’s partnership with the industry, and act as a spokesperson for the music team externally
- Develop and implement innovative strategies and negotiation plans for major labels, indies, and publishing, balancing both short- and long-term benefits and goals and ensures the quality of agreements negotiated align with longer-term vision for the organization.
- Collaborate effectively across organizational boundaries, partnering closely with our global music team, APAC Partnerships, YouTube engineering and product management to further develop the platform
- Manage and grow a high-performing team, support the team in executing the vision of this rapidly growing vertical; Manage product artist and industry activations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 17 years of music industry experience with experience as a leader within the ecosystem.
- 8 years of people management experience.
- Strong professional relationship-building skills and proven experience in developing sustainable partnerships across the music industry in APAC.
- Success mobilising a regional organization to deliver a vision, by optimizing the business structure, key business levers and metrics required to track progress.
- Significant experience managing and growing a distributed, high-performing team, and building followership toward a vision; Ability to effectively influence and collaborate cross-functionally, and adapt global strategies across regional nuances.
- Ability to lead complex operational and strategic initiatives from end-to-end of defining the vision and strategy, to driving and executing a plan.
- Comfortable and accomplished selling transformational ideas/agreements, and proven experience in negotiating strategic partnerships and renewals.
- Analytical, with strong, communication, and presentation skills, and the ability to operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and collaborative environment.