Google’s line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google’s partners. Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google’s newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing ongoing relationship management to YouTube and Google Play’s key US label partners, with a focus on supporting labels and artists with promotional opportunities to help build their success. In this role you will interact regularly with counterparts at labels and also collaborate closely with internal teams. You will have exceptional partner management skills, a service mindset, and extensive relationships in the music industry.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Develop and maintain robust personal relationships with label contacts in order to receive information about new music releases.
- Oversee, filter and prioritize music releases, centralizing and communicating information to internal stakeholders whose programs and products are promoting artists.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams on promotional opportunities.
- Facilitate label interaction with other internal teams (e.g. Marketing, Artist Relations, Editorial, etc).
- Partner with internal label business managers to ensure a strategic approach to holistic relationships.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in the music industry.
- Experience in a partner-facing, A&R, or radio promotion role at a label, artist management and/or digital music company.
- Established network of relationships with labels and/or artists.
- Demonstrated knowledge of music industry trends across all genres.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships externally and internally.
- Effective organizational, leadership and analytical skills.