YouTube is hiring for a Global Music Licensing Program Manager based in New York or Los Angeles, or San Bruno, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of program and/or partner management experience leading cross-functional initiatives, creating operational efficiencies, and developing processes with stakeholders across regions
- Experience working at or with a music label and/or publisher
- Experience working cross-functionally with business and technical teams
- Experience negotiating complex music licensing deals
- Experience in, or working closely with, any of the following fields: account management, business development, legal, finance
- Experience handling high stress situations and remaining focused on accomplishing the task at hand
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills with ability to operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle and coordinate multiple simultaneous activities
- Exceptional project management and interpersonal skills
About the job
The YouTube Partnership Enablement team is focused on providing comprehensive services and solutions to YouTube content partners and our internal Content Partnerships team. Our multifaceted team members work together with various cross-functional stakeholders throughout YouTube to address our partners’ most pressing needs. We develop cross-functional programs and go-to-market resources for products, policies and content strategies that are strategically important for YouTube’s partner ecosystem.
Music is critical to YouTube and its products, and YouTube has the opportunity to drive value back to the music industry. Music Solutions, which sits within the Partnership Enablement organization, manages programs that involve and support our YouTube Music partners. As Global Music Licensing Program Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and leading go-to-market workstreams for licensing efforts on behalf of the Music Business Development team, with whom you will be deeply embedded. You will also work closely with Music Industry Solutions to prioritize and dive deeply into strategic initiatives and requirements across Product leadership. You have exceptional project management skills, are comfortable working cross-functionally in a results-driven environment, and want to be part of an innovative global team that is forging new ground and redefining the world of music.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Partner with Music Business Development leadership to determine licensing priorities and communicate decisions back across the company
- Manage an end-to-end product licensing process, including but not limited to receiving and prioritizing requests, scoping deliverables, establishing project plans, and holding teams accountable for execution
- Develop and maintain deal team resources such as product licensing descriptions, label and publisher narratives, communications documents, packaged insights, partner pitch decks, negotiation fallback terms and deal trackers
- Generate materials to review status of in-flight projects with Music Business Development and bring updates to VP and C-level forums
- Establish scaled engagement models for Music Business Development and Content Operations to address licensing requirements and operational dependencies