- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in performance and/or content marketing.
- Experience in analyzing, interpreting, and leveraging data to make decisions.
- Experience with editorial skills and running editorial teams or content marketing in innovative, digital enterprises. Experience leading global teams and/or initiatives.
- Experience working directly with marketing platforms (paid media, email, notifications).
- Experience leading and inspiring teams of creative personnel and content creators. Collaborative negotiator and mediator with strong powers of persuasion.
- Passion for YouTube Creators, understanding of the Creator ecosystem and YouTube’s role in it.
- International/multicultural mindset and experience.
- Ability and willingness to flex between strategy and execution. Willingness to make every possible effort to get things done.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to set goals and prioritize initiatives with minimal guidance.
About the job
The creator community is the lifeblood of YouTube and why fans love the platform. In creator marketing, we’re all about celebrating, supporting, and inspiring this awesome community. Communicating with creators in a way that speaks to their needs, while inspiring them to fulfill their dreams is at the core of what we aspire to do every day.
As Director of Creator Communications at YouTube, you’ll lead the strategy and oversee the execution of marketing communications targeting our global creator community, including video, email, and in-product communications. You’ll oversee a high performing team creating compelling, comprehensive, and engaging content supporting company and community priorities, while helping creators get inspired, grow, and feel connected with YouTube and the broader community. You’ll build a compelling vision and will work cross-functionally to ensure alignment across all comms touchpoints.
You are a passionate leader and compelling storyteller with a proven track record building and executing a global content strategy that delivers both a powerful narrative and exceptional performance metrics. You’re obsessed with quality, exceptional at developing talent and inspiring teams, and an expert at crafting a vision and driving the organizational alignment necessary to achieve it.
You’ll bring a commitment to insights-based decision making and an empathetic, customer first mindset, along with expertise in building narratives and driving engagement on digital communications platforms. You’ll be a leader, a doer, a thinker, and an innovator, and you’ll play a critical role in driving clarity and delivering inspiration to our creators.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Establish a vision for creator communications excellence and drive the whole organization to achieve it. Design and execute a content strategy that delivers against both short and long term objectives. Advocate for the resources and infrastructure needed to deliver on our vision. Create a culture of excellence and high-performance within your team, while ensuring a positive experience for team members.
- Ensure all content is high-quality and on-brand. Oversee the content calendar and roadmap. Build alignment with regional teams ensuring a consistent global experience, while delivering locally relevant content that performs across different languages and countries.
- Leverage data to develop content themes/topics to measure and optimize performance. Ensure an efficient workflow for creating, editing, publishing and measuring content performance. Identify trends within our content and the wider ecosystem, and capitalize on them with our audience.