Head of US Press
Your Army are looking for an experienced highly motivated professional to join our team as Head of US Press in Los Angeles.
We are a global independent promotions agency with offices in London, Los Angeles and Sydney. Your Army work with some of today’s most influential artists including Flume, Bicep, Sam Smith, CamelPhat, Christine & The Queens, David Guetta and The Chemical Brothers, we have a relentless focus on breaking new talent.
Your Army’s Head of US Press will be responsible for organizing domestic print press and television opportunities as well as international online campaigns.
- Organize and facilitate live television performances and other television promotional opportunities for clients
- Develop your own and seamlessly integrate into existing Your Army client network of artists, management and label teams
- Coordinate with marketing teams across various territories and timezones on creative concepts for global artist campaigns
- Implement comprehensive reporting processes and systems that communicate the most relevant and actionable information to clients throughout a campaign
- Oversee interviewing and hiring of additional staff for Press Department
- Collaborate with company Directors to solidify core offerings and strategically expand Press Department services
- Develop internal strategy for conceptualization, delivery, and placement of various outward-facing “thought leadership” pieces to help passively promote Your Army’s interests
- Run point on media strategy for releases, tours, and concepts, and strategically increase visibility and awareness
- Creatively mix new media with traditional PR strategies for maximum impact
- Proven ability to confidently develop and maintain relationships with media industry contacts across TV, print and online press outlets with TV experience a must
- Four or more years experience in a similar role within the music industry
- Experience managing a team and previous work in a sales-oriented role preferred
- Travel to, attend, and work onsite at various events both domestically and internationally as and when needed
- A passion and genuine enthusiasm for the current Your Army roster and a desire to help us expand into other genres
- Experience with global scale marketing campaigns, from development through execution
- Confident and outgoing with an ability to communicate and deliver well-considered and exciting opportunities
- Ability to work independently and proactively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with partners on all levels