Young Turks is an ever-evolving multi-arts company who specialise in creating environments that nurture potential.
We aim to work with the most artistically ambitious and culturally significant artists of our time. We seek out genius regardless of genre, background, medium or scale.
Each A&R person is tasked with seeking out, nurturing and enabling genius. The A&R department is set up to challenge each A&R to fulfil their potential and support them in their endeavours. Each A&R is accountable for their own projects yet plays a part within the whole team, making contributions across the entire roster.
We are looking for an ambitious and passionate Senior A&R to source, sign and develop artists and writers for Young Turks across records, publishing and management.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years previous experience and a proven track record within artist development in a record label, publishing, management, or similar environment.
They should have an existing network of contacts around the world, a comprehensive understanding of music and an awareness of its cultural context. They should be familiar with global trends in music as well as being able to identify unique and genre defining talent.
Candidates will need to understand what Young Turks is about and be able to communicate that effectively to potential signings.
As a Senior A&R you will also be encouraged to source and manage scouts, help develop junior members of the A&R department and be a positive and active member of the A&R team.
This a full-time role based in our East London office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Signing world-class talent to Young Turks Recordings, Songs or Management
- Nurturing artists to become the best versions of themselves
- Deliver artists’ creative output
- Work with artists to define the themes and contexts of their work
- Communicate artists’ visions to their teams and partners
- Providing input and insight across the roster
- Supporting junior A&Rs and building a network of scouts
- A proven track record of finding and creatively working with artists
- Have a broad cultural awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should use your covering letter to highlight how you meet the above requirements. Please also give us an example of one artist you think would thrive on the Young Turks roster. What about them makes you think this?
Candidates who do not include this information will not be considered.
Closing date: 3rd July.