Company – Young Recordings
Job Title – Senior A&R Manager
Hours – Full time
Location – London
Experience – 5 years previous experience and a proven track record within artist development
Closing Date – Monday 8th November
Young is an ever-evolving music and arts company who specialise in creating environments that nurture potential. We aim to work with the most artistically ambitious and culturally significant artists of our time. We seek out genius regardless of genre, background, medium or scale.
Each A&R person is tasked with locating, nurturing, and finding significance for genius. Young is set up to challenge each A&R to fulfil their potential in working with the world’s best artist and support them in achieving this. Each A&R is accountable for their own projects yet plays a part within the whole team, making contributions across the entire roster.
We are looking for an ambitious and passionate senior A&R to source, sign and develop artists and writers for Young, across records and publishing.
They should have an existing network of contacts around the world, a comprehensive understanding of music and an awareness of its cultural context. They should be familiar with global trends in music as well as being able to identify unique and genre defining talent.
The senior A&R will help shape the future of the company, it’s culture and scope. They will inspire their colleagues and show leadership. They will actively collaborate with Young’s A&R team as well as source and manage scouts. They will also engage and inspire collaboration across Young’s management, publishing and events businesses.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years previous experience and a proven track record within artist development in a record label, publishing, management, or similar environment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Signing world-class artists to Young Recordings and writers to Young Songs
- Nurturing artists to become the best versions of themselves
- Deliver artists’ creative output
- Work with artists to define the themes and contexts of their work
- Initiate and co-ordinate all sessions
- Responsible for A&R administration and delivery sheets
- Communicate artists’ visions to their teams and partners
- Be an active member of the team throughout campaign/s
- Providing input and insight across the roster
- Supporting other Young A&Rs and building a network of scouts
- A proven track record of finding and creatively working with artists
- Have a broad cultural awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This is a full-time role, based out of our East London offices. Competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 8th November 2021. Please title the email ‘Senior A&R’.
You should use your covering letter to demonstrate the following. Candidates who do not include this information will not be considered.
- Highlight how you meet the above requirements
- Give an example of one world class artist you think would thrive on the Young Recordings and one writer on the Young Songs roster. What about them makes you think this? What about you and Young specifically do you think could help them further their genius?
- Describe what about this role will help you achieve your vision / dream?
Young embraces the principle of equal opportunity for all. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets. We are also committed to becoming a carbon negative business.