Job title: Audience Development Manager
Location: United Kingdom (Hybrid/Remote)
Type: Full time
Application deadline: 9.00 am, Wednesday 14th June, 2023
Young Poet is a rapidly growing tastemaker label, based in London, UK. Founded by Hugh Worskett and Will Frank in 2018, we support the very best in emerging talent to maximize their creativity whilst establishing artist careers on sustainable terms. Our artists have unique voices, big ambitions and something meaningful to say. Our job is to amplify those voices and bring fans around the world great music that matters.
As Young Poet’s Audience Development Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing best-in-class digital marketing strategies and campaigns that deepen artist-fan relationships, grow audiences, maximize engagement and boost consumption across our roster of artists. You will also be responsible for liaising with our wider creative and digital teams.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Have a minimum of 3 years digital marketing or audience development experience, ideally from a record label or social agency.
- Be a complete social media native who keeps on top of the ever-changing social and digital marketing landscape.
- Be passionate and fluent in online culture, communities and trends and be able to relate these to multiple artist campaigns simultaneously.
- Be an analytical and creative thinker with the ability to combine qualitative and quantitative data about artists using it to inform strategies that engage and excite audiences.
- Have exceptional attention-to-detail with a patient and thorough approach when publishing fan-facing content.
- Have an eye for design and experience in video creation, photo editing and content creation, using the likes of Adobe Creative Cloud and in-platform social tools.
- Take an empathetic but confident approach to working with artists and their managers, demonstrating an understanding of the unique challenges involved with communicating to audiences online.
- Have excellent project management, communication & people skills with an ability to translate strategies and their requirements to a wider team.
- Be aligned with the Young Poet ethos and brand.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Developing a deep understanding of our artists & their music and defining the key parts of an artist’s story.
- Building and executing bespoke social media strategies for our artists to drive fan engagement and grow audiences and communities across all relevant online platforms.
- Working closely with our artists to develop and implement strategies that communicate those stories to an artist’s existing fanbase online and broaden the reach of the artist to potential new fans.
- Compiling data-led reports using analytics from social, streaming and beyond to help define who an artist’s audience is, where they live online and how they behave.
- Providing support to artists and their management teams in optimizing, planning and publishing content to artist-owned digital channels including but not limited to TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, CRM and artist websites.
- Working alongside our digital agency to plan, implement, monitor, and improve digital advertising campaigns that grow artist audiences or achieve other campaign goals.
- Being a source of knowledge for artists and the wider team with regards to platform developments, digital and cultural trends.
HOW TO APPLY
In 800 words or less please submit answers to the below questions in a Word or PDF document:
- How do you break an artist in 2023?
- What online scenes/trends should we/our artists be aware of this year and why?
- Provide an analysis of one of our artists in line with the job description, identifying opportunities for growth and current weaknesses.
Please email answers along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday 14th June, 2023 with “Young Poet Audience Development Manager” in the subject line.
Please note this is a UK based role with the potential for remote or hybrid working.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
EQUITY & INCLUSION MATTERS TO US
Young Poet is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to diversity, inclusion and equality and believes in building and continuously striving for fair and equitable workplaces in the music industry.