Job Title: A&R Scout
Company: Young Poet
Location: London, UK
Type: Part Time
Application Deadline: 9:00 AM, Wednesday 31st May 2023
Young Poet is a rapidly growing tastemaker label, based in London, UK. Founded by Hugh Worskett and Will Frank in 2018, we support the very best in emerging talent to maximise their creativity whilst establishing artist careers on sustainable terms.
Our artists all have unique voices, big ambitions and something meaningful to say. Our job is to amplify those voices and bring fans around the world great music that matters.
As Young Poet’s A&R scout you will be responsible for sourcing and helping secure new artist signings. You will work closely with the company Founders to help identify artist signings according to the company’s ambitions, ethos and overarching A&R strategy.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Be deeply passionate and knowledgeable about music and youth culture.
- Be well connected with artists, producers and songwriters across a diverse range of genres.
- Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Be aligned with the Young Poet ethos and brand.
- Have demonstrable previous experience in an A&R or related capacity.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Identifying new artists who are innovators in their fields and reaching audiences in new and interesting ways.
- In-depth online Artist search and analysis, factoring in early audience growth and on-trend markers.
- Establishing contact with Artists and their teams and connecting them with the Young Poet A&R dept.
- Building ongoing relationships with Artist management companies and their representatives (lawyers/live agents etc).
- Clearly communicating the Young Poet brand and ethos to potential signees.
- Identifying key shows, attending gigs and representing Young Poet at them.
- Participating in weekly A&R meetings, presenting identified talent in a meaningful and quantified way.
HOW TO APPLY
In 600 words or less please submit answers to the below questions in a Word or PDF document:
- How do you break an artist in 2023?
- What scene/genre/trend should we be aware of this year and why?
- What genres/scenes/trends are you personally passionate about?
- Which 3 emerging artists do you consider trailblazers and why?
Please email answers along with your CV to email@example.com no later than Wednesday 31st May 2023 with “Young Poet A&R Scout” in the subject line.
Please note this is a UK based role with the potential for remote or hybrid working.
EQUITY & INCLUSION MATTERS TO US
Young Poet is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to diversity, inclusion and equality and believes in building and continuously striving for fair and equitable workplaces in the music industry.