Company: Young Artists
Hours: Full time
Experience: Minimum 4 years experience in managing an established artist or project managing a global campaign
Deadline: 16th November, 2022
Young Artists creates environments that nurture artists and builds them long term careers.
We are looking for an experienced artist or project manager to handle the day to day management of well established and critically acclaimed artists. You will be based at Young Space, our new offices in East London but will also spend a significant amount of time working remotely and traveling with the artists. You will benefit from the support of the Managing Director and Management Coordinator as well as the wider team of A&R and Management staff.
Your close relationship with the artists will see you play a central role in defining their vision which will form the basis of our strategy. Your priority as Artist Manager will be to drive and fulfil that strategy whilst always maintaining the artists’ best interests.
You will be comfortable representing our artists in meetings with partners whilst also providing a reliable administrational foundation. You will be expected to run communications between the artist, their primary manager and their wider teams including their label, live agent, publishing company, merch partner, lawyer, accountant and assistants.
Alongside the primary managers, you will be the first point of contact for the artists with ready access to all artist related assets as well as being able to secure answers to time sensitive requests. Given the locations of the artists you will be responsible for you should be comfortable working remotely from the core team and across time zones.
The ideal candidate is someone who can not only respond to direction but actively drive campaigns, artist administration, and communication. The role requires someone who is versatile, adaptable and flexible, someone who is able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
will include but not be limited to:
- Overseeing the management strategy for each artist
- Regular communication with each artist and their wider teams
- Clear, structured and regular communication with the managers and Young Artists team
- Traveling with the artist to key promo and live events
- Driving every aspect of release campaigns
- Managing the touring strategy and team
- Managing the artists’ social media strategy, creative and execution
- Overseeing the artists’ merchandising
- Representing the artist in meetings with partners
- Maintaining a shared diary for the artist
- Producing schedules, itineraries and day sheets for the artists
- Planning and booking travel and accommodation
- Managing and seeking approval on all requests
- Maintaining a detailed sync log
- Overseeing all recording and touring budgets
- Processing invoices and chasing monies owed
- Securely storing all artist assets online
- Managing meeting agendas, notes and action points
How to Apply
Please send your application titled ‘Artist Manager’ to email@example.com along with a covering letter that describes your proudest achievement in an artist management role in no more than 500 words.
Young embraces the principle of equal employment opportunity for all. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets.