YMU Group is a leading management and professional services company based out of the UK and US. Our mission is to bring added success to everyone who deals with us – both talent and industry clients. We aim to create the circumstances where talented people can build their reputation, influence and success.
We work courageously and persistently with elite talent and clients who represent the best in the industry. We provide a portfolio of services to a wide range of professionals consisting of leaders in entertainment, film, music, radio, television, sport, and the arts, including athletes, authors, digital influencers, musicians, producers, digital artists and TV personalities.
We strive to be the best company to work for and are constantly looking for ways to improve on every level, from providing excellent services to our clients, to staff satisfaction, to diversity and inclusion, mental health and wellbeing.
Our core values: We are client first: The Group’s entire purpose and DNA is centred around serving our clients first and foremost
We are collaborative: We are the many not the few. Clients can access breadth and scale of our service
We are curious: Our clients expect us to be progressive, innovative and informed.
We are egoless: Team is at the core of everything that we do, and the strength of the team is in the collective, not the individual
We are courageous: We are clear about who we are even when that can be deemed as controversial
Job Purpose: The Executive Assistant, will be responsible for high-level support for the Managing Director within our US Music division. Remaining calm under pressure, this individual will approach demanding situations in an accommodating and diplomatic manner, providing practical solutions to any problem. Self-motivated, this individual will possess excellent communication skills and the ability to build stable relationships based on mutual trust.
- Supports Executive in all areas of professional matters, inducing occasional assistance with matters outside of the office, adjusting own style to the preferences and style of the managing director
- Manages calendars, including appointments and adjustments, maintaining extensive organization of internal meetings and calendars, such as tracking of acceptances and declines for internal meetings and taking necessary follow-up steps; uses best judgement on rescheduling or shuffling of meetings as needed, ensuring those supported are well prepared for meetings and aware of their schedule
- Responsible for all travel arrangements (Domestic and International) including accommodations, air, transportation and all other logistics on behalf of the Managing Director; troubleshoots if issues with travel arise
- Ensures all calls are answered in a professional manner, messages are taken accurately and passed on immediately or as desired by the Executive team member; practices effective screening of calls, using best judgement on how to handle
- Provides document/presentation support, ensuring produced in an organized manner so all documents are distributed timely and according to the Executive’s preferences
- Handles incoming email and mail where appropriate, corresponding on behalf of the Executives as needed or requested
- Acts as first point of contact for external visitors, hosting visitors, liaising with members of the Senior Management Team or other traveling executives, proactively offering support as needed
- Responsible for basic financial duties including authorizing invoices and submitting expenses on behalf of the Executives
- Acts as backup for other EA’s or administrative staff as needed and where appropriate
- Participates and manages coordination of staff events, parties, gatherings, etc., in partnership with applicable team members
- Assist with executive level ad-hoc projects as needed, such as creating decks, proposals, research, etc.
- Manage and process expense reports for executive team as requested, ensuring appropriate process followed per Company policy
- Assist with coverage for Reception desk as needed, which includes supporting office management initiatives
- Prior experience in an executive assistant or high-level assistant capacity required
- Must be willing to work in various spaces, including home office of Managing Director
- Experience in the entertainment or other fast-paced industry preferred
- Ability to comfortably interact with staff at all levels, including external guests and executives, maintaining a positive, welcoming presence and style
- Strong working knowledge of technology platforms (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets/Docs/Calendars, Adobe products)
- Solid organization skills and attention to detail; ability to manage through projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to handle difficult situations as needed
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and changing priorities, adjusting as needed and taking initiative often
- Must have the ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality due to the nature of the role
What we Offer…
We offer a wide variety of benefits including:
- Unlimited holiday & flexible work environment
- Paid Medical, Dental and Vision
- Bonus scheme
- 6 months paid Primary Carer Parental Leave (after 1 year of service)
- FOND employee benefit platform
YM&U Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to protected diversity characteristics such as race/ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All successful job applications are subject to referencing and background checks.