About the Group …
We are a leading management and professional services company based out of the UK and US, YMU provides a portfolio of services to a wide range of clients consisting of leaders in entertainment, film, music, radio, television and sport, including athletes, authors, digital influencers, media rights holders, musicians, producers, TV personalities and voiceover artists.
About the job …
YM&U Group is seeking an experienced and talented Day to Day & Digital Marketing Manager to join our team. This role will strategize and execute compelling, artist- specific campaigns across all consumer-facing online touch-points (websites, email, social media platforms, etc). They will have a high degree of visibility across all company departments, artists, managers, and platform partners. They will manage timelines, budgets, content, influencers, and goals across a roster of 5-10 artists and report to the Managing Director. Clear communication, excellent project management skills, and the ability to multi-task is a must.
The Artist & Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for …
- Oversee the day-to-day social media, website, and email accounts for a designated roster of YM&U artists
- Develop, launch, and analyze digital campaigns for YM&U artists, from inception through post-launch
- Manage goals, strategy, and budget for each artist
- Work closely and collaboratively with management and internal departments to champion social-first
- ideas, develop editorial calendars, and execute integrated global activations
- Develop and execute paid advertising campaigns
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Streaming + Sales, Creative, and Publicity
- Develop goals and performance metrics for campaigns
- Oversee creative ideation and development to deliver innovative, best-in-class campaigns for our
- artists and their fans
- Partner with social platforms to identify new opportunities and develop creative activations
- Monitor campaigns regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Report weekly to senior staff and managers, providing actionable insights and campaign updates
- Build and maintain relationships with social media platform representatives and participate in regular
- update meetings
- Build and maintain relationships with artists and managers, including communicating product
- updates and best practices
- Continuously ideate and innovate within the social and digital space
- Manage day-to-day artist interaction. Manage rights and legal clearance with both major and indie
- labels for album, side artist, and remix agreements.
- For touring needs, hire and oversee tour staff, advance artist shows, book artist travel and create
- itineraries, prepare travel visas and work permits for artist and crew, manage and distribute artist
- tour and promotional schedules, prepare budgets for tour opportunities.
- Setting up and managing studio bookings and writing sessions.
- Manage delivery of assets to labels, PR teams, brand partners, agents and promoters as needed.
- Archiving and organizing all digital assets.
- Create marketing plans and ensure they are executed by the artist, label, and promoters as needed.
- Assist with branding/sponsorship opportunities.
- Responsible for managing merchandise inventory and sales opportunities (both online and touring).
- Working with creative teams & managers to develop assets for artists (press photos, promotion
- videos, artwork, live visuals)
- Manage tour and album/EP/single/campaign coordination
- Work with publicists to review, approve, and set up PR opportunities.
- Liaise with internal Digital Marketing Department, Creative, Sales and Radio.
- Proof-read and manage content for all clients’ properties.
- Maintain master artist calendar and assist managers and clients with any required administrative duties.
About you …
- 5+ years professional experience in social media/digital marketing, using Photoshop to edit and resize images as well as Premiere or iMovie to edit videos.
- Prior experience and knowledge of working across social channels, with email and web platforms, and paid social media campaigns on a global level.
- 5 + years a record label, or creative/A&R at a music publisher as a day-to-day artist manager, product manager/artist development at
- Strong organizational, project management, and decision-making skills with added attention to details and deadlines
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with both
- creative- and business-oriented colleagues and partners
- Creative thinker with passion for developing and delivering big ideas for our artists
- Ability to think strategically but still execute tactically
- Extreme attention to detail with relentlessly high standards
- Innate willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- A track record of supporting multiple projects simultaneously on tight timelines.
- Personal initiative, and a proactive, problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and calm demeanor in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to conceive and execute innovative ideas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Outlook
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Operates with significant autonomy
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Copywriting knowledge
What we offer …
We offer a wide variety of benefits including:
- Unlimited holiday (PTO)
- Access to flexible working conditions – we believe with performance comes freedom
- Paid Medical, Dental and Vision
- Bonus scheme
- FOND employee benefit platform