JOB TITLE: Music Publicist
LOCATION: EAST LONDON (HYBRID WORKING)
We are looking for a super passionate and driven Music Publicist to join our growing team based in East London. This is a fantastic opportunity for a PR specialist to join our independent music PR & Promo agency to lead on publicity campaigns for brilliant artists and exciting music events. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a similar role in music, have a strong contact list across print and online press, be an excellent communicator and have strong written and relationship building skills. You will have an interest in a wide range of music and be keen to continue building on Yes Please’s reputation within music media.
- Leading bespoke campaigns tailored to individual artists to get them the best and most relevant exposure in print and online media.
- Strategic planning and creative idea generating at the start and throughout artist campaigns.
- Writing copy for press releases, campaign pitches and commissioning biographies.
- Attending artist planning meetings and communicating plans, strategy, and coverage to labels and Managers.
- Building Yes Please’s reputation and relationships within relevant music media.
- Attending artist gigs and Yes Please events.
- Working across the social media strategy of the company.
- Building opportunities in the podcast space and developing our contact base in this area.
- Strong existing contact list across print and online PR.
- A minimum of 2 years previous proven experience in a similar role within music.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of print press and online media.
- Passionate about a wide variety of music.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Proactive and positive approach.
- Supportive team player.
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Able to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Able to deal with confidential information sensitively.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV to email@example.com no later than Tuesday 24th May with “Music Publicist – Yes Please” in the subject line. Please be patient with us when waiting for a response, we’re a super small team, so will reply as soon as we can 🙂
EQUITY & INCLUSION MATTERS TO US
BIY are committed to diversity, inclusion and equity. We believe in building and continuously striving for fair and equitable workplaces in the music industry.