WME seeks a talented and highly motivated lawyer to join its Business Affairs department in Nashville, supporting its music agents. Primary responsibilities include structuring, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of deals in touring and live performance for A-list artists.
This is a high-volume practice supporting a large group of agents who operate within tight timeframes. This individual will also be responsible for supporting existing executives, developing operational efficiencies, and ensuring best practices within the business unit.
- Act as an innovative business partner with, and provide strategic support and guidance to, WME’s music agents, the Worldwide Head of Music Business Affairs, and senior legal colleagues.
- Review and negotiate agreements for artist touring operations globally including, but not limited to, long term touring agreements, festival performances, and private/corporate engagements.
- Implement and refine new systems designed to optimize efficiency, compliance, and corporate and legal initiatives.
- Foster positive long-term relationships with the company’s clients and customers.
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Admitted to the TN Bar.
- 5+ years working in music, entertainment, and/or media in a law firm or in-house capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced business environment. This includes explaining complex concepts to clients and colleagues without legal knowledge.
- Must be able to prioritize a heavy work load with tight timelines.
- Detail oriented, big picture thinking, and cool under pressure.
- A curious mind, self-motivation, a strong work ethic, and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in all instances, especially when interacting with clients.
- Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.