WMA exists to create impactful results for its partners across the digital space. We connect brands, artists and audiences through the convergence of digital media, from music and entertainment to lifestyle and technology. The WMA network is highly experienced and extends globally with bases in London, New York, LA and Nashville to provide a fully integrated digital service. By building strong relationships and original engagements, we work to create something truly memorable for our clients.
WMA is looking for a Senior Digital Channel Manager with proven experience in delivering social media campaigns within music to join our fast-growing team in the UK. The position is charged with developing and executing best in class social media campaigns for WMA’s clients, which includes artists, labels, brands and other entertainment clients.
- Manage accounts for a variety of social projects and clients, whilst working with key stakeholders to deliver social campaign ideation in line with the overall marketing objectives.
- Create and execute creative and innovative social strategies for clients to engage new and existing fans whilst ensuring content and channel output is optimised.
- Work closely with the Head of Social UK and Senior Director of Social and Marketing to identify opportunities for growth in the department. This will also require working with the wider WMA team to deliver inspiring and innovative New Business pitches.
- Provide clear communication plans for review on a weekly basis and schedule approved plans on key channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Spotify, YouTube, TikTok, Twitch and Discord.
- Analyse and narrate social data findings back to the client, presenting reports in a simple and effective manner.
- Copywriting for social, official sites and e-newsletters, ensuring the correct tone of voice is always used.
- Work closely with the other digital services within WMA to offer a bespoke streamlined service, amplifying activity and referring new business.
- Building key relationships with social platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube etc.) to ensure we are developing best in class social campaigns for our clients.
- Support junior team members with their learning and growth within the agency.
- Build paid social ad campaigns for our clients which includes crafting a strategy to complement the social/marketing/PR/promo campaigns, setting up the ads on the various platforms through to optimisation and analysis of the data and reporting back to client.
- Alongside the rest of the social team, regularly and enthusiastically share knowledge on social/digital trends and innovations ensuring social and the wider WMA family are informed, educated and at the forefront of developments within the social/digital space.
- An active knowledge of and passion for social media and the music/entertainment industry
- A thirst for tracking and finding trends and innovation.
- Understanding of evolving technology and the ability to research new opportunities.
- The ability to work with a broad range and level of people; to share and convey updates, ideas and vision with clarity and tailored to the audience.
- Great relationship building skills – it is important the team know and fully understand our clients, including artists and management. A friendly but professional manner must be conducted at all times.
- Excellent people skills – confident & proactive.
- Team player – cross departmental teamwork required.
- Capable of troubleshooting, identifying challenges in good time in order to find swift and effective solutions.
- Highly creative
- Pays close attention to detail
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience in social media and digital channel management within the music / entertainment industry.
- Proven experience of delivering social media campaigns based on audience insight.
- Proven experience reviewing and analysing data to provide insight and deliver strategies.
- Ideally with experience in devising and delivering paid social strategies including a knowledge and previous experience of working with tools such as Facebook pixel.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING WITH?
- WMA Global Social Team and Social Creative Design Teams on a daily/regular basis.
- Directly with clients to discuss briefs, campaigns, timings and budgets
- At times directly with Artists / Bands (major to unsigned)
- Depending on the campaign you will also work closely with other members of the WMA family including, Publicity, Partnerships, Creative and Marketing Strategy.
- Directly with platform contacts, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Spotify etc.
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘SDCM – UK’ as the subject.