WMA exists to create impactful results for its partners across the digital space. We connect brands, artists and audiences through the convergence of digital media, from music and entertainment, to lifestyle and technology. The WMA network is highly experienced and extends globally, with bases in London, NY, LA, Nashville and Melbourne, to provide a fully integrated service.
By building strong relationships and original engagements we work to create something truly memorable for our clients.
An incredible opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and motivated Publicist to join our fast-growing team, reporting into the Head of U.S. Publicity.
The right candidate will be a strong writer with a proven track record of running multiple successful PR campaigns; confident in independently managing a diverse roster of talent and able to drive and achieve new business. WMA work with a variety of clients that include major/indie label signed talent and several entertainment brands. The position is charged with developing and executing best in class PR campaigns for WMA’s clients and will include all aspects of account management.
- Driving innovative PR campaigns to position talent, brands and WMA as industry leaders, especially in the digital space.
- Building and maintaining strong media relationships with national & regional online publications/platforms across the US in all major markets.
- Work closely with client to deliver stellar campaign results.
- Chaperone promo commitments and attend showcases, gigs, sessions as needed.
- Writing new business proposals and being involved in all aspects of the agency’s new business strategies.
- Working closely with the other services within WMA to offer a bespoke streamlined service and amplify activity.
- Weekly reporting.
- Ability to maintain and manage a wide variety of PR campaigns (music, entertainment, tech etc.)
- Ability to produce and drive new business opportunities.
- Ability to format, develop, write press materials including bios, press releases, fact sheets and tailored pitches.
- Co-ordinate client media coverage and create reports.
- Great relationship building skills
- Genuine interest and active knowledge of digital marketing and communication
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Highly creative
- Can take on and solve problems
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Must be highly self-motivated, solution-oriented, and work well in a fast-paced environment while under pressure
- Enthusiastic, passionate team player
- A degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Proven experience in music PR
- Experience in managing 5+ accounts
- Previous experience in entertainment and/or consumer brands
- Established relationships with media throughout online, print & TV
- Stellar track record of securing top-tier placements with resources to back
- Relationships with blogs, grassroots platforms, influencers and playlist owners / users
- Self-reliant, organized, professional, hyper-communicative, problem solver & results oriented
- Positive, can do attitude and passion for music and entertainment.
- Maintain consistent communication and contact with clients
Who will you be working with?
- Publicity team
- Clients – brands, talent, labels, talent management
- Other teams at WMA – Strategy, Creative, Partnerships & Digital Channel Management
Competitive. Dependent on experience
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with ‘Publicist – New York’ as the subject.
66 Green Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11222