WMA exists to create impactful results for its partners across the digital space. We connect brands, artists and audiences through the convergence of digital media, from music and entertainment to lifestyle and technology. The WMA network is highly experienced and extends globally with bases in London, New York, LA and Nashville to provide a fully integrated digital service. By building strong relationships and original engagements, we work to create something truly memorable for our clients.
Clients include Universal Music, Sony Music, Warner Music, Disney, Amazon & Netflix
WMA is looking for an experienced Head of Marketing Strategy in the US to join the global team, based in one of our US locations: New York, LA or Nashville. The individual is expected to be a driven and motivated creative Marketing and strategic expert with proven experience in delivering first class marketing campaigns within music and/or the wider entertainment space. The position is charged with leading, developing and managing the US Marketing team to achieve success; supporting and working with the global Marketing Strategy team, executing best in class campaigns for WMA’s clients, which will include artists, labels, brands and other entertainment businesses; and utilising their extensive network to build and grow opportunities for the business.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day running of the US Marketing division
- Maintain accurate financial forecasts and deliver against revenue targets
- Create, execute and manage a variety of Marketing Strategy projects and clients, whilst working with key stakeholders to deliver innovative and exciting campaign ideation, direction and delivery in line with the overall marketing objectives
- Drive digital marketing innovation across the division to position artists, brands, the marketing team and WMA as industry leaders
- Drive new business across the marketing team and work closely with other department heads on cross-departmental projects and new business briefs
- Work closely with the other WMA teams to offer a bespoke streamlined service, amplify activity and refer new business
- Build and maintain relationships with strategic partners (DSPs, media outlets, blogs and influencers) to ensure relevance and opportunity for WMA clients
- Run meetings, set agendas, act as the central communication hub on internal and external projects
- Regularly attend and represent WMA at industry events and networking opportunities to integrate into the community and develop new business
- Work closely with the US MD to lead the strategy and development of the US team to ensure efficient running, profitability and expansion
- Assist in recruitment and growth of each market
- Demonstrable and deep knowledge of and passion for traditional, digital and social marketing tactics and trends within music and entertainment
- Ability to multitask in a high energy environment. You will be responsible for directing and leading a team, managing multiple projects at a time
- Ability to work globally with a broad range and level of people; to share and convey updates, ideas and vision with clarity and tailored to the audience
- Excellent relationship building skills – get to know clients including artists and management in a friendly but professional way
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Excellent people skills – confident & proactive
- Team player – cross departmental teamwork required
- Can take on and solve problems in an effective, positive, calm manner
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Highly creative with the ability to recognise and research new opportunities
- Proficient with budgets, forecasting and mindful of efficient money management
- Knowledge and understanding of Influencer Marketing
- Knowledge and understanding of Paid Media strategy and ad offerings
- Ability to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude at all times
- Highly motivated with a mindset to succeed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience in marketing strategy within the music and entertainment industry; ideally with time spent in a major or independent label.
- Experience working within a high energy environment, working with team members of different levels.
- Proven experience of delivering creative and strategically driven marketing campaigns..
- Experience reviewing and analysing data to provide insight and deliver strategies.
- Experience of successful team management.
- Experience growing and developing a team.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING WITH?
- The Global Marketing Team
- The US Managing Director and Global Senior Team
- Directly with clients to discuss briefs, campaigns, timings and budgets
- The Global Social, Creative and PR Teams
- Artists / Bands (major to unsigned) and Brands
- Other teams at WMA
Start Date: TBC
Salary: Competitive. Dependent on experience
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Head of Marketing Strategy – US’ as the subject