About the job
SUMMARY: Assists with the financial reporting and accounting month-end close process. Monitors cash activity and cash balance for the company’s bank accounts. Reconciles B/S and P/L accounts. Handles AP payments, AR invoicing and ensures the right recording of the transactions within QuickBooks. Assists with the Budget and Forecast monthly/quarterly/annual process. Creates, gives maintenance, and distributes monthly reports related to the company’s operations, its artists, and its customers. Prepares monthly/quarterly/annual P/L, B/S, CF. Assists with monthly/quarterly/annual financial results management presentations. Assists with the creation of Ad Hoc analysis for management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor daily cash activity and balances.
- Download and monitor daily Bank statements.
Accounting and Reporting:
- QuickBooks daily update.
- Assist with the financial reporting and month end close process.
- Monthly journal entries for revenues, costs, accrued expenses and provisions.
- Reconcile B/S and P/L accounts. Analysis for A/R, A/P and other current Liability accounts.
- Fixed Assets control and analysis and recording of monthly depreciation expenses.
- Vendor database control (vendor info setup) in the Accounts Payable (A/P) system and Cash Management system (vendor template setup).
- Payment preparation, review invoices for authorizations based on company’s policy and approval limits, enter invoices into the Accounting System, review right allocation/recording to appropriate business units, projects and expense/cost accounts to the general ledger.
- Create weekly payments into cash management system.
- Customers database control (info setup) in the Accounts Receivable (A/R) system.
- Create and send out customer invoices.
- Analyze monthly aging report and outstanding accounts for collection.
- Monitor accounts for daily/monthly collections report.
- Communication with the commercial team to follow up on outstanding receivables for collection.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with: General accounting; Management Reports and KPI analysis; P&L Analysis (Revenue / Costs / Expense; Actual vs. Plan); AP vendor database management and payment operations; AR customer database and invoicing operations.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups, reporting/analysis tools).
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Advanced experience with QuickBooks (journal entries, reports, reconciliations).
- Solid analytical, mathematical, and research skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Email your resume directly to [email protected]
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.