Job Title: Sync and Creative Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, FAO Alex Hehir. Please state the position title in the subject line of your email.
We would like you to tell us what you will bring to this role, how you will fit into the Wixen DNA and about an album you had on repeat last year.
Introduction to the company
Wixen Music UK is a fiercely independent publishing company, with a focus on ultra high-quality administration and creative proactivity. We are a team of passionate music lovers, with an “artists first” ethos.
The team is expanding to continue to provide the very highest level of service to our incredible roster of songwriters, artists, musicians and rightsholders.
Introduction to the role
We are hiring a Sync & Creative Manager who will be responsible for all stages of the sync pipeline, including proactive procurement, negotiation and licensing. This is a mid-level position for someone possessing 2+ years of relevant experience and a strong personal network.
They will be hands on, passionate and dedicated to sourcing exciting opportunities for A-List catalogues and breakthrough talent alike. The successful applicant will join our close-knit team where their ideas will be valued, contributions will be recognised, and personal endeavour will be paramount.
What you will do
- Oversee all stages of the licensing pipeline
- Proactively procure new opportunities for sync placements and creative partnerships
- Negotiate terms and fees to uphold our songwriters and rightsholders values
- Forge and nurture relationships in the UK and Global sync industry
- Work closely with our sub-publishers to provide updates on catalogue priorities and clear overseas uses
- Maintain regular updates to our external network, sharing information on new signings, new releases and highlights
- Manage all incoming license requests, promptly and effectively
- Liaise with clients, and their teams, regarding ongoing requests and promotional priorities
- Collaborate with Legal Department to deliver licensing paperwork
- Work with the publishing administration team to identify and resolve any writer split discrepancies
- Keep up to date with UK Client activity
What you will bring
- Minimum 2 years experience in a relevant role
- Knowledge of negotiating license terms and drafting paperwork
- An ear to the ground and strong knowledge of industry trends, media and opportunities
- Established relationships with music supervisors and decision makers in the Film, TV, Advertising & Video Game industries.
- A vibrant passion for music on a personal and professional level
- A strong work ethic and drive to create success for Wixen Music UK’s client roster
- The organisational ability to structure and prioritise your own workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and a willingness to work closely as part of a small team