To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, FAO Alex Hehir. We would like you to tell us what you will bring to this role, how you will fit into the Wixen DNA and about an album you’ve had on repeat this year.
Wixen Music UK Ltd. has a position available for a Rights Administration Assistant. This position is for a fixed contract of a year, which could become permanent depending on performance.
Introduction to the role:
Wixen Music UK continues to grow and develop a high standard of service across the Music Publishing and Neighbouring Rights sectors of the music industry. We are looking to add to our team a Rights Administration Assistant who will be responsible for delivering high quality, airtight administration to a roster of world-renowned musicians and breakthrough UK talent. This a fantastic entry level position to the behind-the-scenes of the recorded music industry, for someone who is passionate about music and eager to learn and develop their skills in a fast paced, yet friendly, environment. The successful applicant will join our close-knit team where their ideas will be valued, contributions will be recognised, and personal endeavour will be paramount.
The bulk of your responsibilities as Rights Administration Assistant will fall under our Neighbouring Rights Collection Service, but not exclusively. You will be responsible for forensically collating metadata for client performance catalogues and distributing to collective management organisations worldwide. You will be a key part of the delivery of our trusted service and can expect to be in regular contact with performers, labels, music rightsholders’ and catalogue owners, maintaining high levels of professional communication throughout.
What you will do:
- Collect and maintain master catalogues for new and existing clients
- Update performance claims across a variety of CMOs
- Collect and submit evidence supporting performance claims
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase catalogue revenue
- Liaise with performers, managers, and stakeholders to nurture long-term relationships
- Keep up to date with UK client activity
- Assist administration of publishing schedules
- Perform ad-hoc tasks across all areas of the business
What you will bring:
- A vibrant passion for music on a personal and professional level
- A strong work ethic and drive to create success for Wixen Music UK’s client roster
- The organisational ability to structure and prioritise your own work load
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An eagerness to learn and expand your knowledge
- Energy, enthusiasm and a willingness to work closely as part of a small team
This position offers a competitive salary in the range of £21,000 – £23,000 depending on experience.