VP Business Affairs/General Counsel
Calabasas-based Wixen Music Publishing seeks a full-time on-site VP Business Affairs/General Counsel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Handling legal and business affairs; general legal services.
- Contract interpretation
- Legal advice
- Assisting in resolving legal disputes
- Cease and desist situations and DSP take-downs
- Infringement matters
- Pre-litigation services
- Litigation management and coordination with outside counsel when retained
- Reviewing, drafting, approving, and maintaining company license forms, contracts and agreements; and working with copyright, licensing, royalty and administration staff.
Applicant must be admitted in good-standing in California, and have at least five years full-time music industry legal experience, be personable and reliable.
Must be computer-savvy, draft letters and forms well, and be comfortable with creating spreadsheets.
As of June 14, 2021 we will require our full staff to be vaccinated for Covid 19 and we will thus require that anyone hired for this position also be fully vaccinated.
We offer a respectable six-figure salary, but it will be no-where near what an applicant may be able to receive at a law firm working long-hours with unpleasant partners and clients, enduring happiness-crushing policies and work conditions, arguing over bills, and being forced to maximize billable hours.
Working at this company includes many enjoyable quality of life benefits.
Cover letter and CV please.