Wixen Music Publishing, Inc. in Calabasas, CA seeks to add a mid-level manager to its licensing/copyright department.
Who we need:
The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years work experience at a music publishing company and be looking to get a solid footing in the music business and grow with us. Schooling in music industry studies and/or playing an instrument are pluses, but are not required. Due to COVID, we’re currently operating via WFH, but are planning to re-open the office in the near future. This position would not be possible to WFH on a permanent or hybrid basis. You will need to be in the office on a daily basis and we will need proof of your vaccination.
Success in this position requires a strong work ethic, attention to detail, a deep desire to learn, and the ability to create and nurture lasting relationships with our TV, film, advertising agency, and record label licensees. If you’ve always wanted to be a music supervisor, great, however, this isn’t the job for you. This is not a creative position.
What you’d do:
- Report to company CFO/COO and handle the day-to-day behind-the-scenes work for him, eventually working with your own clients.
- Interact with our TV/film studio, video game company, advertising agency, record label, and independent recording artist licensees.
- Negotiate, draft, and ensure that licenses for said requests are signed and paid in a timely fashion.
- Register songs with the PROs, the copyright office, our sub-publishers, and record labels.
- Confirm splits and resolve counterclaims.
Why you want to work here:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance and optional dental insurance plans
- Two weeks paid vacation
- An additional week of paid vacation between Christmas and New Years upon completion of 16 hours of community service
- Profit sharing and defined benefit plans
- A dynamic, varied workday. We believe our clients are best served when they have a single point person who is involved in all aspects of their music publishing rights. And we also believe that doing the same thing over and over day in and day out is a job for robots, not people. You’ll have a hand in the entire gamut of music publishing.
- You’ll gain a broad understanding of the music business as a whole, and a deep understanding of the nuances of music publishing.
- A casual office environment in a small, independent, family owned and run, writer-friendly publishing company proudly representing some of the finest music written in the last 90 years.
- Healthy work-life balance. We get an early start at 7:30am but call it a day at 4pm so we can spend time with our friends and family.
Enough already, how do I apply?
- Please email your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: commensurate with your experience