Wixen Music Publishing, Inc. in Calabasas, CA seeks to add a full-time mid-level manager to its licensing/copyright department.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years work experience at a music publishing company and be looking to get a solid footing in the music business and grow with us. Schooling in music industry studies and/or playing an instrument are pluses, but are not required. This position is not a work from home position. The office re-opened June 14th. As of June 14, 2021 we will require our staff to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and we will thus require that anyone hired for this position also be fully vaccinated.
Success in this position requires a strong work ethic, attention to detail, a deep desire to learn, and the ability to create and nurture lasting relationships with our TV, film, advertising agency, and record label licensees. If you’ve always wanted to be a music supervisor, great, however, this isn’t the job for you. This is not a creative position.
What you’d do
- Interact with our TV/film studio, video game company, advertising agency, record label, and independent recording artist licensees.
- Negotiate, draft, and ensure that licenses for said requests are signed and paid in a timely fashion.
- Register songs with the PROs, the copyright office, our sub-publishers, and record labels.
- Confirm splits and resolve counterclaims.
Why you want to work here
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance and optional dental insurance plans
- Two weeks paid vacation
- An additional week of paid vacation between Christmas and New Years upon completion of 16 hours of community service
- Profit sharing and defined benefit plans
- A dynamic, varied workday. We believe our clients are best served when they have a single point person who is involved in all aspects of their music publishing rights. And we also believe that doing the same thing over and over day in and day out is a job for robots, not people. You’ll have a hand in the entire gamut of music publishing.
- You’ll gain a broad understanding of the music business as a whole, and a deep understanding of the nuances of music publishing.
- A casual office environment in a small, independent, family owned and run, writer-friendly publishing company proudly representing some of the finest music written in the last 90 years.
- Healthy work-life balance. We get an early start at 7:30am but call it a day at 4pm so we can spend time with our friends and family.
Enough already, how do I apply?
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please include:
- Your potential start date
- A new hobby you picked up during the COVID lockdowns
- We require that anyone hired for this position be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Would that requirement either prevent you from accepting an offer or necessitate you revising your start date?