Wise Music Group is one of the World’s leading music publishers, owning and managing over 200,000 popular and classical music copyrights.
The Group is privately owned by one family over several generations, and the UK Head Office is situated in London, in the West End.
The Legal & Business Affairs Lawyer will provide maternity cover for 12 months (commencing on or about 1 June 2021) reporting directly to the Global Head of Legal and Business Affairs.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing legal advice to the business in respect of all commercial matters, including intellectual property ownership, liability and other contractual matters
- Advising the business on the scope of rights controlled by the Wise Music Group of companies in the UK, US, EU and Australia.
- Drafting and negotiating (where applicable) all commercial agreements, which includes but is not limited to exclusive songwriter and sub-publishing agreements, synchronisation agreements (film, TV, adverts, computer games) and NDAs
- Researching chain of title and advising on legal and commercial consequence of such research
- Dealing with contentious IPR issues, including but not limited to investigating and advising on all instances of actual and potential IP infringement for example sound-alikes, unauthorised synchronisation usages, sample infringements and concluding any settlement paperwork
- serve as the first point of contact to be able to address the business’s legal needs
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURAL REQUIREMENTS:
- a qualified lawyer (3+ years)
- either an in-house or private practice background
- entertainment/media industry experience
- ideally music industry (publishing) or DSP experience
- solid understanding of contract, copyright and moral rights.
Core working hours are 0930 to 1730 Monday to Friday, however you will need to be flexible and able to work additional hours as required ensuring deadlines are met.
Please send CVs to [email protected]