We are seeking to recruit an outstanding professional to join our Publishing Licensing team in Santa Monica. Wise Music Group / G. Schirmer Inc. is a leading independent music publisher with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Tokyo, Copenhagen, and Sydney.
Home to a vast catalog spanning both pop and classical music, Wise Music functions as a full service music publisher and copyright administrator with a focus on promoting and exploiting their copyrights in the film, television and advertising world. The Los Angeles office offers a one-stop shop for music professionals, providing everything from publishing services and music supervision to songwriting and production.
Required Qualifications / Responsibilities:
- Manage and obtain approvals, when necessary, and provide quotes for synchronization requests including, but not limited to: films, television, commercials, live-streaming concerts, new media, documentaries, student films, DVDS, non-profit and other miscellaneous requests etc.
- Assist department VP and Sr. Director with clearance and quotes for major Ad/film/trailer/TV/Game clients.
- Work with various departments and affiliates to ascertain rights and assets.
- Help department dealmakers with client requests and update internal licensing database.
- Coordinate with master and publishing counterparts on shared master/publishing requests.
- Analyze, review and resolve revision requests with clients.
- Monitor and pursue license fee collections.
- Manage aspects of contract administration for the foregoing licenses, including tracking outstanding licenses.
- Maintain synchronization licensing database, such as logs, files and deals.
- Attend meetings and conferences both within and outside the Company relative to the department’s operation.
- Performing such other duties as reasonably may be required.
- Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
- Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Understanding of US and international copyright basics, key digital music issues and trends in rights management, including collective rights organizations and publisher / label relationships.
- Knowledge of general business practices; demonstrate a high level of customer service engagement, both via email and phone.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in music licensing, business development, data analysis, and rights management with an international focus
- Ability to efficiently and accurately resolve license issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, within a team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- High level of professional communication etiquette with ability to effectively interact with clients to finalize licenses and collection of fees.
- Self-starter with the ability to handle high volume of licenses with accurate execution.
- Strong organization skills, high attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Excel; knowledge of Counterpoint/iMaestro, Salesforce is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary as well as health and dental insurance and enrollment in our company’s 401k plan.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org