City: Santa Monica
About Wise Music
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding professional to join our Copyright team in Santa Monica. Wise Music Group / G. Schirmer Inc. is a leading independent music publisher with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Tokyo, Copenhagen, Italy and Sydney. Home to a vast catalog spanning both pop and classical music, Wise Music functions as a full-service music publisher and copyright administrator with a focus on promoting and exploiting their copyrights in the film, television, trailers and advertising world. The Los Angeles office offers a one-stop-shop for music professionals, providing everything from publishing services and music supervision to songwriting and production.
- Manage repertoire with CMOs and resolve any conflicts, disputes, or rejections.
- Manage copyright registrations and record assignments of copyright with the Library of Congress.
- Assist in the preparation and/or augmentation of delivery details needed for the proper ingestion of musical composition into the catalog.
- Any tasks related to this job description or additional departmental duties which may arise.
- 3 to 5 years’ prior music publishing company experience in an administration-related role.
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Knowledge of copyright and contract law.
- Experience using an iMaestro system preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Excel skills preferred.
- Strong analytical background with excellent organizational skills.
- Able to work well independently, take initiative, identify potential issues & successfully problem-solve with sound business deliverables
- Able to access high-speed internet during work hours.
- Able to commute to our Santa Monica offices on a part-time basis initially, moving to a full-time basis post-pandemic.
- Proof of COVID vaccination required.
This is a non-overtime-exempt salaried position. Salary range ($42- $45,000). Full medical and dental benefits and 401(K) are offered. Wise Music/G. Schirmer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.