WildKat is looking for an experienced PR Manager to join our London office for an initial 3 months period (with the opportunity to extend for the right candidate). You’ll be working closely with the company Directors, PR Managers and our Digital team, plus colleagues worldwide.
You will plan and execute creative PR campaigns across the classical music and cultural industries to generate coverage and publicity for our clients.
We are looking for someone who is well-organised, hard-working and enthusiastic, as well as friendly and approachable. You should enjoy working with a close-knit team, across all our offices, with the ability to both collaborate and work independently. Due to Covid-restrictions, we are mainly working from home, but once safe working conditions can be facilitated, you will be working from our Central London office. We will continue to offer flexibility with working from home.
- To manage your set of clients and work with them to help achieve their PR goals
- To think creatively about how you (and your colleague) approach campaigns. You will be asked to make new connections and approach your work in innovative ways
- With the help of our Digital Team you will integrate digital media into campaigns. This means exploring new technology and developing ways to include it in client campaigns
- To take a leading role in the development and execution of unique, creative campaigns to promote your clients and the company
- To write copy in relation to your clients’ needs, including fact sheets, biographies, blog posts, newsletters, brochures, and more
- To liaise with journalists to generate and secure media coverage for clients
- To attend all relevant artists’ events, including meetings and performances
- To network within the industry to build your reputation and that of the company
- To oversee the work of others when required, and to be willing to grow into a more senior role
- Minimum 2 -3 years’ experience working in arts PR (ideally classical music)
- Interest in classical music, culture, and the arts – Bach should be someone you know, not someone you’ve emailed!
- Have your own established contact book of arts journalists and relationships with relevant media
- A fast learner, able to absorb information quickly and confidently put it into practice
- Ability to remain calm when working under pressure and to manage conflicting deadlines
- Proven administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good standard of computer literacy (Word, Excel, WordPress)
Full-time salary from £30,000, dependent on experience. Start date will be agreed with the successful application, but we are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible.
WildKat is a creative agency for culture, specialising in classical music. We offer PR, marketing, branding, social media and event management for institutions and artists. We are the only performing arts agency working internationally with offices in London, Berlin, Paris, New York and LA.
We offer a number of opportunities for all staff including the opportunity for travel, personalised creative skills training and coaching, development of your skills beyond PR, 6-hour working days, ski trips (where possible), milestone sabbatical, and more.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We particularly welcome applications from people of ethnically diverse groups and disadvantaged backgrounds, as well as trans and non-binary candidates, as they are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To apply, please send your CV and a Cover Letter outlining suitability for the role to email@example.com with “PR Manager” in the subject line by Tuesday 22nd March 2022.