West One Music Group (WOMG) seeks a Marketing and Sales Operations Coordinator based in Los Angeles, CA.
Reporting to: Brad Burnside, VP of Partnerships & Operations
Territories Covered: US, Canada, and Latin America
Level of Experience: 1-2 years
Below are the key areas of responsibility in the listed territories that this role covers:
WOMG’s music users demand authenticity and we want to position ourselves as integral, creative partners in what they do. This should be communicated in all our interactions – online, in-person and any events / touch points we share.
- You’ll be responsible for supporting the VP of Partnerships & Operations and our global marketing team in driving the transactional side of marketing.
- Our goal is to represent and increase the usage of our constantly-expanding repertoire: West One Music, Fired Earth Music, The Scoring House, Refuel Music, SOMOS, EDS, And Then Some, Zero Degrees, and any new labels that we create over time.
- You’ll help execute on our North American marketing plan in line with the overall brand from HQ in London. This includes: social media presence, tone of voice control for “Americanizing” appropriate communications, events planning, local marketing material creation, merchandise and swag orders and other things relevant to the territory.
Behind every great client-facing team is a fully integrated and supportive operations team. Sales Ops helps the administrative process line up with our overall vision and strategy for expanding business by establishing best practices and meaningful data reporting for the sales team.
- You’ll be responsible for supporting the VP, the Business Development and the Account Management teams in sales operations for North America. The administrative and strategic systems you will help coordinate will lead to the successful staging for our outbound sales team.
- You will be encouraged to closely align with sales opportunities and constantly evolve how to internally support successful sales cycles from lead generation to client retention.
- Along with an external support person in Salesforce operations, you will be responsible for representing and facilitating CRM best practices for the internal team.
- This includes managing database and logged activities through periodic data cleans and dashboard review, enabling monthly progress reviews with the sales team, supporting sales team in implementing effective lead generation, database management, and reporting, and ensuring we’re using Salesforce to the best of its potential, measured by mid-month progress on follow up reports.
Marketing automation software (Pardot), CRM (Salesforce), detail obsession, time management, major social media platform management, copyright, vendor negotiation, basic photoshop/in design abilities a plus.
A successful candidate will have a positive, can-do attitude that lends itself to our general mantra of being smart, brave, and captivating. You will play a key part in supporting our sales team to deliver the WOMG umbrella brand and its various catalogs to establish strong market share across the US, Canada, and Latin America. For this specific role, this could apply as follows:
- Smart: interested in overall marketing and sales cycles and their successful application to a growing business. You want to help organize our back of house operations and will constantly seek to improve our workflows.
- Brave: constantly curious about innovative ways to generate and activate new and existing leads / client bases. You like to test the limit and will be fearless in helping stake our claim in a crowded market.
- Captivating: commanding a fresh and effective writing style with solid eye for briefing compelling and impactful design. You will use your skills to masterfully encapsulate our mission so that people will be excited about our expansion efforts.
Further to being smart, brave, and captivating, our team ethos is to consistently be:
- Proactive (always seeking out new leads under your own motivation and
- Generative (always seeking to generate activity and business opportunity from inside of you, rather than being micro-managed)
- Understanding (having a deep grasp of our industry, the cultural practices and practical landscape of broadcasting and music use)
- Entrepreneurial (thinking outside the box, taking risks, following through and ultimately delivering everything you commit to)
- Intuitive (rolling with the punches, responding appropriately, being creative)
- Supportive (sharing successes, being communicative, owning a willingness to dive into whatever is necessary to get the job done)
- Professional (maintaining a code of business that includes excellent relationships, personal integrity and a mindset that delivers on commitments)
- Helpful (being enthusiastically up for doing what’s needed rather than staying stuck in your version of your role)
- Creative (being willing to try new things and think around problems for intelligent solutions)
- Organized (maintaining a high standard of recording of data and intelligence from your day to day so that there is ultimate transparency in all you do)
Are you excited about this incredible opportunity?
Candidates should apply to Lizzie Winn, Global Head of Human Resources, at email@example.com with cover letter stating why you think you’d be a great fit and resume including a low-res photograph.