We are West One Music Group – a collaborative community of bright minds dedicated to producing the most excellent music for media for TV, film, advertising, gaming, radio and online. Born in London in 2002, we now have offices around the world as well as studios in several countries.
Whether our clients are choosing or using music from our vast catalogue of original music, or commissioning custom music or a full score, it’s the knowledge, expertise, support and creativity of our people that set us apart – we focus on understanding our clients’ vision and briefs to bring them standout music.
Proudly independent, we’re better connected to both the business and creative sides of the music industry, to emerging trends, and most importantly, to our clients’ needs. Our ambition is simple: create killer soundtracks that emotionally engage our clients’ audiences.
We are looking for a new Group Accountant.
Based in central London you’ll be a fully qualified Chartered Accountant, reporting to our Global Head of Finance and taking care of the following accounting functions:
- Intercompany Cash Flow management.
- Foreign currency exchange.
- Treasury deposits and overdraft facilities.
- Business and project plans.
- Management accounting and forecasting.
- End of year financial reporting.
- Corporate structure, tax planning and company secretarial issues, liaising with legal, accounting and tax consultants and HMRC.
- Ensuring correct treatment of VAT and withholding tax on royalties
Further responsibilities include:
- Supervision of bookkeeping.
- Authorisation of all payments.
- Production of staff contracts both for employees and any freelancers, working in partnership with the Global Head of HR for any renegotiations, renewals or changes.
- Supervision of Payroll & P11D reporting.
- Management of all staff benefits – Simply Health, Pensions, Cycle to Work Scheme, season ticket travel loans, BUPA / PPP, Business & Personal Travel Insurance policies.
- Maintaining asset ledgers & managing all corporate insurance matters including all renegotiations and renewals.
- Reconciliation of all royalties processed and contractual payments made to composers and third parties against our actual cash receipts in all relevant systems.
- Being responsible for all financial and statutory reporting, forecasts, business plans and cash flow management.
- Managing external accountant relationships and all payroll processing.
In this commercial and operational role you’ll be responsible for the Finance function across the WOMG group of companies.
You’ll be expected to support all strategic decisions, any operational and every day management issues alongside all tasks of a group accountant. West One Music Group operates globally across all time zones, so flexibility in service of the entire global operation will be necessary at this level.
The person we are looking for in this role will have excellent relationship skills, is fully qualified as an accountant and who can operate with the appropriate boundaries for a senior finance person and who also knows what it is to participate and collaborate with a wide array of stakeholders in a successful music production and publishing company.
The Finance function of West One Music Group reaches into each and every part of our integrated company activities – so reporting, management accounting, royalty accounting and analysis and commercially driven financial feedback is of utmost importance.
In addition to the above finance functions, you’ll also need to be able to commit to:
- Taking responsibility for all company secretarial administration, preparing final accounts and corporation tax computations, liaising with the companies’ auditors, accountants and financial advisors.
- Dealing with all confidential HR and payroll administration in partnership and continual open communication with the Global Head of HR. Also holding all binding copies of employment and freelance agreements and ensuring their financial implications are managed carefully to motivate and care for staff. Ensuring the accurate maintenance and functions of all HR systems in the group.
- Overseeing, reviewing and ensuring the accuracy of all financial data entries, PAYE & NIC returns, VAT returns, and all other governmental and HMRC requirements.
- Preparing annual forecasts for key trading companies in time frames and reporting structures agreed by WOMG’s Board.
- Ensuring that all companies are at all times trading and behaving in accordance with the law, including responding to and dealing with all KYC (anti-money laundering) issues.
- Being available to all directors and managers in all companies to deal with specific financial requests and tasks on an ad hoc basis.
To apply to join us please email firstname.lastname@example.org and send your CV with a motivation letter as to why you’d like to apply.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you don’t hear back from us within four weeks please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.