We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after company. We need an experienced hip hop/rap Marketing super star for our team. This includes everything that involves reaching potential fans and helping our mostly rap and a few pop clients stand out from all of the other artists and musicians in the marketplace. Although our fearless leader has been in the music industry for 29 years, ArtistCentric is a startup, disrupting the way artists and record labels do business. We are an incubator/accelerator that offers label services to independent artists who are relatively new. We are building them into superstars. We work multiple projects at once.
Reporting to Wendy Day, the CEO, this role is responsible for helping develop and execute marketing campaigns, as well as achieving and accelerating career goals for our rapper clients. We outsource to digital marketing firms, influencer marketing companies, and social media marketing teams. This means you need to create the campaigns and oversee the teams implementing your ideas through to completion while running point directly with the artists and their teams. We need you to come up with original ideas and then support your concepts with careful planning, scheduling, collaboration, and budgeting.
We are hoping that you bring your major label training, experience, and successful campaign ideas and develop them for indie artists because you have a love for hip hop, independent artists, and working directly with artists hands-on. We are a paradise for you if you prefer to NOT get memo’d to death within the stiff confines of a corporate environment like a Major Label, and prefer not to have meetings about having meetings like an indie label with no direction. Our staff is small so you get to wear whatever hats you want. We encourage risk taking, are fully transparent, and hope you’re eager to join us in this beautiful Black city we call Atlanta. You must have at least a few years of real record label and/or brand marketing experience. It’s also important that you know, love, and understand this culture and the music business. You should know what new artists are breaking, what’s bubbling up from the underground (and who), and where rap music is headed as it frequently changes. You have a keen sense of the differences between pop rap, trap, and lyrical ‘backpack’ hip hop and just bristled a bit at those corny names. You intuitively know what is popular with 13 to 26 year olds and how to effectively reach that audience.
We hope you can identify and execute ways to acquire and engage new music fans on TikTok, Triller, Twitch, YouTube, SoundCloud, Audiomack, the Streaming Platforms, and Social Media, as well as know how to approach influencers and brands for possible partnerships. You will spend time developing and implementing creative ad campaigns to boost income and awareness for our artists while considering the personality of the artist, their image, the budget, the character and branding of any past campaigns for the artist, and the untapped audience for the artist’s product. You seek to maximize visibility while minimizing cost.
Responsibilities Include The Above, Plus:
- Strategic campaign planning and product creation while in charge of co-ordinating releases and driving campaigns through to completion
- Liaising directly with artists and artist managements to deliver creative and successful campaigns
- Working closely with the A&R team to coordinate product delivery and campaign timelines
- Asset creation (artwork, photos, videos, etc.)
- Sourcing and managing press, online, radio, and real world street teams for each project
- Working with the Digital Marketing team to deliver creative, innovative and efficient digital advertising and social media campaigns
- Working with external creative and marketing agencies
- Creating behind the scenes content that matters
- Managing budgets
- Delivering sales and marketing reports to all teams
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passion for music
- Minimum of 3 years appropriate experience
- Ability to confidently plan, manage and deliver campaigns to a high standard
- Experience of liaising with artists, investors, managers, and other third party stakeholders
- Motivated to work with a fast moving and rapidly developing roster
- Capable of juggling various projects at the same time
- Good understanding of data analysis, research, and consumer insights
- Knowledgeable about market trends, music industry developments and digital innovations
- Highly motivated and organized with excellent time management skills
- Great organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- A team player with creative ideas and a positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize according to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of budgets
- Great interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with rap music and Hip Hop culture is mandatory
IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU ALSO HAD:
- Experience with big media brands (definitely a plus)
- Passion for urban music and Black culture
- 3+ years of Marketing experience
WHY JOIN US?
We care about people and we are artist centric. We nurture and develop talent, and that includes our staff and team as well. If you’re looking to grow, take risks and chances while you work both hard and smart, you’ll fit in here. We are based in Atlanta. We believe artists no longer need to sign to a record label—that’s antiquated! We are hired by talented artists who want to do this themselves. They find investors to support them in their efforts to make money with their music. They hire us to teach them, hands-on, how to do it. HelpfulAngel.com is our website.
LOVE THIS JOB AND WANT TO APPLY?
Email your resume, experience, and salary expectation with a persuasive explanation of why we should choose you. Send to ArtistCentric@gmail.com.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people to fit our company culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please e-mail to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.