We Are Moving The Needle is a nonprofit organization supporting all women recording industry professionals, audio engineers and producers. We are an inclusive organization working to create measurable change by empowering women in the recording and professional audio industry with the education, equipment and the mentorship needed to succeed at the highest levels.
About We Are Moving The Needle
- Scholarships and grants to music technology and recording programs at Academies, Colleges and Universities
- Educational programming
- Donated recording equipment including software, hardware and other technologies
- Support from our mentorship program with access to the members of our “SoundBoard”
- Dedicated internships and entry level positions designated and reserved for our award recipients and applicants
- Providing scholarships to aspiring women/girls/gender non-conforming producers and engineers.
- Drafting and sending all outreach letters to board members, schools, and potential donors and sponsors
- Drafting and sending our monthly newsletter through Mailchimp
- Coordinating scholarships with participating schools and academies
- Setting and communicating timelines with the digital team(s)
- Working with our marketing team on our social media calendar/branding
- Coordinating with our fiscal sponsor on legal agreements and donation letters
- Keeping track of applicant network, updating of database
- Marketing/partnerships with other groups/brands and special projects such as events, conferences, etc.
- Coordinating co hosting events with other like minded organization
- Coordinating special projects such as our quarterly virtual Mentorship conference, the WAMTN Amplitude Youth Program, and our internship program.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience in project management
- Ability to research various databases research and provide reporting
- Reimbursement tracking
- Oversight of grant applications and completions
- Regular communication with Soundboard members
- Arranging of appointments, meetings, calendar maintenance
- Must be a highly-organized multi-tasker who knows how to effectively prioritize a heavy workload, an excellent communicator, a natural relationship-builder with strong interpersonal skills, and an effective collaborator working within teams operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong passion for working with female creatives, a familiarity with their work is a plus and have applicable experience in managing campaign releases
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders and deliverables tracking
- Experience in digital media, ideally at least 2 years
- Efficiency orientation, able to move multiple projects forward at once, and able to coordinate deliverables through completion
- Proficient in presentation programs such as KeyNote, PowerPoint or InDesign + Mailchimp, Canva, G Suite (especially sheets)
- Orientation toward detail and problem solving