We Are Moving The Needle (WAMTN) is a nonprofit organization supporting all women recording industry professionals, audio engineers and producers. We are an inclusive organization working to create measurable change by empowering women in the recording and professional audio industry with education, equipment and the mentorship needed to succeed at the highest levels.
Founded by GRAMMY winning and 8x nominated mastering engineer, Emily Lazar, WAMTN works to close the gender gap and bring equity and inclusion to the present recording industry as well as guaranteed growth and progress for the generations to come.
We Are Moving The Needle seeks a dynamic full-time fundraiser to join our team. This is a remote, full time, exempt position. The Development Director (DD) will have significant autonomy in setting strategy, planning, organizing, and executing all aspects of WAMTN’s giving program to include mid-level and major gifts, annual fund, monthly giving, and corporate giving initiatives. This position will be supported by a full-time producer/project manager (currently focused on all educational events, scholarships, job fairs, and affiliate organizations – She Knows Tech/Fix the Mix Job Fair). The DD reports directly to the founder of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be an experienced fundraiser with an innovative, go-getter mentality. Their skillset will be utilized to establish and grow an annual and major gift program and portfolio. They will also be tasked with identifying new prospects as well as maturing and diversifying an existing corporate giving portfolio. This candidate has strong expertise in moving prospects along a donor cultivation cycle and feels comfortable developing relationships with donors at all levels of giving potential. As a member of the leadership team, the Director will provide regular verbal and written progress reports and interact with staff, board and volunteers regularly. The candidate needs to be comfortable in ambiguous/fluid environments and has the ability to strategically move projects forward with efficiency and outcomes.
Individual Giving (35%)
Distinct focus on developing and growing an individual giving program to include annual fund development, monthly giving and major gift solicitation.
- Identify new and existing major gift prospects
- Develop custom cultivation and stewardship plans for top prospects
- Support/guide SoundBoard and founder in donor engagement and fundraising efforts
Annual Fund/Monthly Giving:
- Leverage events and engagement opportunities to develop an annual giving program
- Build accessible materials that engage and convert supporters into donors
Corporate and Foundation Giving (35%)
- Identify and grow new and existing corporate relationships. Lead prospect identification, pitch development, solicitation and follow up necessary to secure corporate funding for programmatic and capacity building support
- Develop and manage all grant submissions both for foundation and corporate prospects. · Manage all impact reporting requirements
- Develop and build event sponsorship program in partnership with Producer/Project Manager
- Build program, communications, and budget materials needed for donor solicitation and stewardship
Capacity Building & Administrative (30%)
- Project manage the 501(c)3 incorporation filing and incorporation status in partnership with the founder and legal counsel
- Partner with the Founder to define roles and responsibilities of the board for bylaw development and fund activation
- Partner with team to advise on organizational growth strategies & fundraising plan development
- Prepare timely reports and status updates for leadership
- Advise on the configuration of an organizational CRM system and ensure all fundraising activity is documented and regularly updated for ongoing visibility
- Advance the mission of WAMTN through speaking engagements, networking, and other necessary presentations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS
- Five or more years of non-profit fundraising experience, two or more directly engaged with individual and major donor programs and/or corporate philanthropy departments
- Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, and closing gifts of significance
- Experience developing fundraising strategy, design and execution of campaigns and new programming is essential
- Experience in a small to mid-sized non-profit is valued
- Executes work in an inclusive manner, respecting diversity of culture, abilities, and backgrounds
- Work independently & as part of a team, with strong collaboration & decision-making skills
- Must be comfortable in ambiguity and building processes and systems from the ground up
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills – ability to prioritize/drive team focus and efficiency
- Proficiency with office systems and familiarity with CRM database systems/donor management processes
This job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer their services as necessary to ensure the success of our mission.
How to Apply
- Email a resume & cover letter to WAMTNRecruitment@gmail.com
- Please also respond to the following prompt question either in your cover letter or in a supplemental writing sample:
- Please tell us about a time that you have created opportunity for others.
- All applications will be reviewed.
- Application Deadline: October 2, 2022; review of applications to take place on a rolling basis
We Are Moving the Needle is an equal opportunity employer and believes that each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. We will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.